Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Hero 6 The Series’ To Launch With One-Hour Movie
- Jimmy Kimmel Clocks Best Brooklyn Trip Launch Ratings
- ‘Valor’ Ratings Slip In Week 2; ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Tops Slow Night
- The CW Buys ‘School For Psychics’ Drama From Paul Sciarrotta, Dan Jinks & Jason Egenberg
- ‘Queen Sugar’: Kat Candler Named New Showrunner For Season 3 Of OWN Drama
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…