Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
'Designated Survivor' & 'Lethal Weapon' Post Modest Week 2 Ratings Dips, 'Criminal Minds' & 'Code Black' Return
Latest TV News
- Lady Gaga Set For Super Bowl Halftime Show On Fox
- ‘Let The Right One In’: Kristine Froseth Set To Star In TNT Vampire Drama Pilot
- Sandra Oh To Guest On ‘American Crime’; Samuel Hunt Recurs On ‘Empire’
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Adds Ricardo Chavira As New Love Interest For Xo In Season 3
- ABC Buys Vacation Comedy From Hilary Winston Based on Norwegian Format
- FX Developing ‘Meaty’ Comedy From Jessi Klein, Samantha Irby & Abbi Jacobson