Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; 'Jungle Book' Still A Beast - Intl Box Office Update
'Jungle Book' King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Sunday Update
Latest TV News
- Jon Snow’s Fate Finally Revealed On ‘Game Of Thrones’ (SPOILERS)
- Daytime Emmy Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan Will Share Custody Of Emmy For Entertainment Talk Show Host After Splitting This Month
- Daytime Emmy Awards Live Blog: ‘General Hospital’ Wins Outstanding Drama Series
- White House Correspondents Dinner: The Five Best Moments
- Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents Dinner Skewering