Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- VMA TV Ratings Continue To Drop As MTV Turns Attention To Franchise’s Social Successes
- Yvonne Strahovski To Star In Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Series
- Showtime Seizes On Huma Abedin Separation Announcement To Promote ‘Weiner’ Premiere
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ To End With Season 7
- Emmy Ballots Due Today: Watch Gold Derby Vs Deadline Prediction Smackdown On Drama Series Actor Race
- ‘Polly And The ZhuZhu Pets’ Acquired By Disney Channels Worldwide