Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Berlin Station’: Keke Palmer Joins Epix Drama Series For Season 2
- Encore: Oscar Producers Mike De Luca & Jennifer Todd Ponder Trump, Hopes & Anxieties Going Into Hollywood’s…
- ABC’s Marc Cherry Pilot Casts Male Lead, Adds W. Earl Brown
- 'Searchers': Alex McGregor Cast As Female Lead In Berlanti Prods. CW Pilot
- White House Bars CNN, NYT, LAT, Politico From Briefing
- Sandrine Holt To Star In ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Crossing’