Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back