Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Exhumes Animated Abe Lincoln To Critique Donald Trump’s Gettysburg Address
- ‘Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life’ Trailer: Lorelai, Emily, Rory & Stars Hollow Regulars
- AMC Networks’ Shares Come Alive On Big Ratings For ‘Walking Dead’
- Samantha Bee Blasts GOP For Its Donald Trump Handwringing After Debate 3
- CNN Hires Leyla Santiago As Mexico City Correspondent
- ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Near All-Time High With Season 7 Debut & Thrashes NFL