Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- Brad William Henke Joins CBS’ Jenny Lumet Drama Pilot; Emayatzy Corinealdi In ‘The Get’
- ‘Behind Enemy Lines’: Marg Helgenberger Cast In Fox Drama Pilot
- Ben Hardy, Jessie Buckley, Dougray Scott & Charles Dance Head To BBC’s ‘The Woman In White’ Remake
- Chazz Palminteri Joins CBS’ Comedy Pilot ‘Distefano’
- ‘Somewhere Between’: Devon Sawa Cast In ABC Summer Drama Series