Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest TV News
- Bill Clinton & James Patterson’s Novel 'The President Is Missing' Lands At Showtime For TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Carnival Row’: David Gyasi, Karla Crome, Indira Varma & Tamzin Merchant Join Amazon’s Fantasy…
- Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood’s Embrace Of China
- Donald Trump Blasts Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg For Fueling "The Russia Hoax"
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Tamlyn Tomita Upped To Series Regular On ABC Drama
- ‘Humans’: Mark Bonnar Joins Season 3 Cast Of Sci-Fi Drama Series