Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA
- ‘UnReal’ Renewed For Season 4 On Lifetime; Rookie ‘Mary Kills People’ Also Picked Up – TCA