Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Fleming Jr
- Hey, Team Jacob, ‘Twilight Saga’s Taylor Lautner’s Action Career Takes DirectTV Detour: Trailer
- ‘King Arthur’ Scribe Joby Harold And Tory Tunnell Move Safehouse Shingle To Sony
- Penelope Cruz, Diane Kruger To Star In Isabel Coixet-Directed ‘This Man, This Woman’
- Matthew McConaughey In Step With ‘Born To Run’
- CAA Signs ‘Zombieland’s Ruben Fleischer
- Gore Vidal Vs. William Buckley Docu ‘Best Of Enemies’ Acquired By Magnolia & Participant – Sundance