Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Extant’ Cancelled After 2 Seasons; Halle Berry To Produce Legal Drama For CBS
- Joy Behar Lands TLC Late-Night Series
- Cameron Thor Sentencing Postponed As Acting Coach Hires Mark Geragos
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Clocks Highest-Rated First Season In Cable History
- ‘American Ninja Warrior’ Spinoff Set At Esquire Network For 2016
- CAA Book Promises To Surprise, Will Hit Store Shelves Next Summer