Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT
- ‘Quantico’ Ratings Rise Behind Resurgent ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Man With a Plan’ Grows More, ‘Celebrity Apprentice…
- Tucker Carlson’s First Two Weeks In Primetime Outstrip Megyn Kelly On FNC
- NBC Greenlights Pilot ‘5 Gold Rings’, Based On ITV’s Interactive Game Show
- ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Biggest Crowd In Eight Years With Kellyanne Conway “Alternative…