Focus Features will give Dinner For Schmucks scribes David Guion and Michael Handelman their shot at matching director’s chairs. The duo just got set to write and direct Cruise of the Gods, a remake of the 2002 BBC comedy about a fan cruise held in honor of The Children of Castor, a fictitious 1980s post apocalyptic sci-fi TV series. The cast is the guest of honor, but they’ve got mixed feelings, specifically dependent on whose career stalled with the series, and who went on to bigger and better things. The comedy’s being shepherded by Focus execs Michael Pruss and Kahli Small, and produced by Red Hour’s Stuart Cornfeld and Ben Stiller, with Jeremy Kramer exec producing with Baby Cow Productions’ Steve Coogan and Henry Normal. It’s got that showbiz-gone-very-wrong premise, which Stiller and Cornfeld milked for laffs in films like Tropic Thunder and Zoolander. Coogan, who appeared in the original BBC series as well as Tropic Thunder, might well play one of the cast members aboard the cruise. Paramount releases the Jay Roach-directed Dinner For Schmucks on July 30, which Guion and Handelman adapted from the Francis Veber French film Le Diner de Cons.
'Dinner For Schmucks' Scribes Step Up To Direct 'Cruise Of The Gods'
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Reality Producer Drew Brown Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Late-Night TV Obsesses Over Donald Trump As GOP Nominee
- Idris Elba's Green Door Pictures Hires Ana Garanito As Head of Development
- Chip Smith, Former Al Gore Aide, Named EVP Public Affairs At 21st Century Fox
- ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Cops Clicks With Gwen Stefani, George Clooney & Julia Roberts
- AMC Networks CEO Looks “Fondly” At Skinny Bundles From Hulu And Others