Remember I told you about Luke Johnson, the ex-Channel 4 chairman who also presided over the demise of Borders UK, warning High Street book shops are doomed? Curzon Artificial Eye, the arthouse distributor/exhibitor, is building a cinema inside Waterstone’s flagship Piccadilly store. Trade magazine The Bookseller says more Curzon/Waterstone’s bookshop cinemas are planned. The exhibition chain already runs one cinema in Wimbledon out of an HMV record store. HMV owns Waterstone’s. Ross Fitzsimons, group strategy director of Curzon Artificial Eye, says 20 more HMV joint ventures are planned over the next five years. Waterstone’s declined to comment.
Curzon Opening Cinemas in Bookstores
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter