Independent comics publisher Oni Press and its sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment have inked a first-look deal with CBS TV Studios to mine the publishers’ comic books and graphic novels for series and other TV programming. The announcement was made at Comic-Con. Oni Press’ property Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was turned into an Universal Pictures film, which premieres August 13. Other books by Paradigm-repped Oni Press and Closed on Mondays in various stages of feature development include The Return of King Doug with Ben Stiller and Red Hour Films, Ciudad with Joe & Anthony Russo, both at Paramount; The Damned with Parkes/MacDonald at DreamWorks; Last Call with Barry Josephson, Leading Man with Marc Platt and Frenemy of the State with Brian Grazer and Imagine at Universal.
'Scott Pilgrim' Publisher Enters TV Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Combat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh
- Pop Picks Up Eugene Levy Comedy 'Schitt's Creek' As First Original Scripted Series