Independent comics publisher Oni Press and its sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment have inked a first-look deal with CBS TV Studios to mine the publishers’ comic books and graphic novels for series and other TV programming. The announcement was made at Comic-Con. Oni Press’ property Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was turned into an Universal Pictures film, which premieres August 13. Other books by Paradigm-repped Oni Press and Closed on Mondays in various stages of feature development include The Return of King Doug with Ben Stiller and Red Hour Films, Ciudad with Joe & Anthony Russo, both at Paramount; The Damned with Parkes/MacDonald at DreamWorks; Last Call with Barry Josephson, Leading Man with Marc Platt and Frenemy of the State with Brian Grazer and Imagine at Universal.
'Scott Pilgrim' Publisher Enters TV Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup