Independent comics publisher Oni Press and its sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment have inked a first-look deal with CBS TV Studios to mine the publishers’ comic books and graphic novels for series and other TV programming. The announcement was made at Comic-Con. Oni Press’ property Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was turned into an Universal Pictures film, which premieres August 13. Other books by Paradigm-repped Oni Press and Closed on Mondays in various stages of feature development include The Return of King Doug with Ben Stiller and Red Hour Films, Ciudad with Joe & Anthony Russo, both at Paramount; The Damned with Parkes/MacDonald at DreamWorks; Last Call with Barry Josephson, Leading Man with Marc Platt and Frenemy of the State with Brian Grazer and Imagine at Universal.
'Scott Pilgrim' Publisher Enters TV Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks