The network’s movie arm has optioned The Ex Files, a 2003 chick-lit novel by Jane Moore, a columnist on Murdoch tabloid The Sun. Veteran TV and film producer Leonard Goldberg will produce. The Ex Files is about a a couple who invite all their ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends to their wedding. Goldberg has boiled the title down to The Exes, presumably to avoid confusion with Scully and Mulder, and looks to be mining the same territory as 27 Dresses and Bride Wars and My Best Friend’s Wedding. Then again, rom-coms about impending nuptials do tend to perform at the box office. Tally Garner of Curtis Brown negotiated the CBS deal on behalf of Moore. ICM client Sahara Lotti is adapting the novel.
CBS Films Thinks Brit Novel Has Ex Factor
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Comrade Detective’ Trailer: Channing Tatum & Joe Gordon-Levitt Go Full Cold War In Amazon Spoof
- Tegna & TV One Set Daily Talk Show ‘Sister Circle’ For September Premiere
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag