The network’s movie arm has optioned The Ex Files, a 2003 chick-lit novel by Jane Moore, a columnist on Murdoch tabloid The Sun. Veteran TV and film producer Leonard Goldberg will produce. The Ex Files is about a a couple who invite all their ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends to their wedding. Goldberg has boiled the title down to The Exes, presumably to avoid confusion with Scully and Mulder, and looks to be mining the same territory as 27 Dresses and Bride Wars and My Best Friend’s Wedding. Then again, rom-coms about impending nuptials do tend to perform at the box office. Tally Garner of Curtis Brown negotiated the CBS deal on behalf of Moore. ICM client Sahara Lotti is adapting the novel.
CBS Films Thinks Brit Novel Has Ex Factor
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess