EXCLUSIVE: BET has greenlighted comedy pilot Reed Between the Lines, produced by and starring former Girlfiends star Tracee Ellis Ross. The project, written by Kellie Griffin, centers on Dr. Carla Reed (Ross), a busy psychiatrist, wife and mom struggling to balance her job and her happy but chaotic homelife. Griffin and Arthur Harris co-executive produce the pilot, slated to begin production on Aug. 11 in Atlanta. Ross, who recently starred in Nora and Delia Ephron’s Love Loss and What I Wore at the Geffen Playhouse, is repped by ICM and Impression Entertainment. BET recently reentered the original scripted series arena with upcoming comedy series Let’s Stay Together, produced by Queen Latifah, and The Game, a new reincarnation of the Gilrfriends spinoff.
BET Greenlights Pilot With 'Girlfriends' Star
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'