A roundup of what else happened today on the deal front: HBO and Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are determined to show the versatility of Paul Giamatti. He played American patriot John Adams in the miniseries that won 13 Emmys for Playtone and HBO. Now, they’ve got him playing Russian leader Nikita Khrushchev in K Blows Top, an adaption of the Peter Carlson book that is being scripted as a telepic by Paul Bernbaum. Project was brought to Playtone by KippSter Entertainment’s Perri Kipperman and David Stern, who’ll be co-exec producers. Hanks and Goetzman will be exec producers… Yesterday, Deadline told you that Justin Timberlake was in talks to play the male lead in I’m.Mortal, the Andrew Niccol-directed film for New Regency and Fox that stars Amanda Seyfried. The deal’s getting close, Deadline now hears… Million Dollar Arm, the Mitch Glazer-scripted fact-based baseball film about a scout’s search for hurlers in India that Deadline first told you about in April 29 when Columbia was making a deal, reportedly will land at Disney instead with Mark Ciardi, Gordon Gray and Joe Roth still on the producer roster… Sony Pictures Entertainment picked up Mommy & Me, which Stanley Tucci is attached to direct.
And In Other Hollywood Film Deals…
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series