A roundup of what else happened today on the deal front: HBO and Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are determined to show the versatility of Paul Giamatti. He played American patriot John Adams in the miniseries that won 13 Emmys for Playtone and HBO. Now, they’ve got him playing Russian leader Nikita Khrushchev in K Blows Top, an adaption of the Peter Carlson book that is being scripted as a telepic by Paul Bernbaum. Project was brought to Playtone by KippSter Entertainment’s Perri Kipperman and David Stern, who’ll be co-exec producers. Hanks and Goetzman will be exec producers… Yesterday, Deadline told you that Justin Timberlake was in talks to play the male lead in I’m.Mortal, the Andrew Niccol-directed film for New Regency and Fox that stars Amanda Seyfried. The deal’s getting close, Deadline now hears… Million Dollar Arm, the Mitch Glazer-scripted fact-based baseball film about a scout’s search for hurlers in India that Deadline first told you about in April 29 when Columbia was making a deal, reportedly will land at Disney instead with Mark Ciardi, Gordon Gray and Joe Roth still on the producer roster… Sony Pictures Entertainment picked up Mommy & Me, which Stanley Tucci is attached to direct.
And In Other Hollywood Film Deals…
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two