At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Reunion Features Richard Hatch Tribute
- SAG-AFTRA Flooded Producers With Contract Claims To Use As Bargaining Chip In Talks
- David Cronenberg Novel ‘Consumed’ To Be Developed As TV Series By ‘FTWD’s Dave Erickson & ‘Lucifer’s Sheri Elwood…
- Comic-Con: ‘Teen Wolf’ Cast Takes A Walk Down Memory Lane, Debuts New Trailer For Final Season
- Comic-Con: ‘Exorcist’ Star Alfonso Herrera On Season 2 & ‘Sense8’ Finale
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Cite More Examples Of Actor’s Overspending In New Court Docs