At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Ava DuVernay & Eli Roth Added To PGA’s Produced By Conference
- ‘Wayward Pines’ Ratings Rise, ‘500 Questions’ Down, NBA Playoffs Up For ESPN
- LA Screenings: Which Were The Hot Titles
- ‘Serial Thriller’ Trailer: ID’s First Original Scripted Drama Tracks A Sadistic Killer
- ‘Mad Men’ Series Finale Hits Viewership & 25-54 Highs In Live+3 Results
- CBS’ ‘Supergirl’ Latest Superhero Project To Leak Online