At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic
- Ernie Hudson Cast In ‘Delores And Jermaine'; Aalyrah Caldwell Joins ‘Uncle Buck'; Corbin Bernsen Recurs In ‘Living On Video…
- Lolita Davidovich & David Clennon Among Cast Additions To ‘Dr. Del’ Indie Pilot
- Tom Wheeler Inks 2-Script Deal At Sony Pictures Television In TV Return
- ‘Blunt Talk’ Teaser: Patrick Stewart Character’s Falklands War Account Questioned By Bill O’Reilly