At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Lands First-Ever Streaming Deal With Hulu For Old & New Episodes
- Senator Calls Jimmy Kimmel Claims “Absolute Garbage”; Obama Calls GOP Efforts “Aggravating”
- Dick Wolf Gets CBS Series Order For FBI Drama
- Netflix Greenlights Comedy From Natasha Lyonne, Leslye Headland & Amy Poehler
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch ‘Riverdale’ Companion Series In Works At the CW
- ‘In The Cloud’: Crackle Sets Cast As Production Begins