At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- The CW Buys Action Drama ‘Searchers’ From ‘The 100’ Creator & Greg Berlanti
- ‘Walking Dead’: Scene Showing Alternate Negan Victim Surfaces
- CW Buys ‘The Terranauts’ Drama From Jim Parsons & Zach Helm Based On New Book
- UTA Signs NFL Network Stalwart Rich Eisen
- Kevin Curran Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Simpsons’ & Letterman Writer-Producer Was 59
- DGA Reaches Deal on Network Staff Agreement