At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Cartoon Hillary Clinton After Her Historic Nomination
- Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ Presents RNC Week’s Best-Of And Outtakes
- Warner Bros Japan Names Masami Takahashi As President
- Seth Meyers To Bernie Or Busters: Quit Yer Belly-achin’ & Help Dems Beat Trump
- Elizabeth Banks, Mandy Moore, Idina Menzel, Aisha Tyler & Friends Sing ‘Fight Song’ For Hillary
- Hillary Clinton Appears As Giant Talking Head After Shattering Glass “Ceiling” To Wrap DNC Day 2