At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Designated Survivor’ & ‘Speechless’ Get Full-Season Orders By ABC
- FX’s John Landgraf Warns Against Storytellers Who Offer “Seductive” Lies
- ‘The Terror’: Jared Harris To Star In AMC Anthology Series; Three More Cast
- CBS’ ’60 Minutes’ Plays Up No Apology By ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Director Nate Parker
- The CW Buys Hispanic Family Drama ‘Casa’ Produced By Greg Berlanti
- Terence Winter To Write HBO’s Griselda Blanco Movie Starring Jennifer Lopez