At the same exact point, 2 1/2 weeks out, Jerry Bruckheimer’s U.S. underperformer Prince Of Persia for Disney scored 75 awareness, while his Sorcerer’s Apprentice for Disney scored 74 awareness. But Prince Of Persia scored 36 definite interest and 5 first choice, while Sorcerer’s Apprentice scored only a 29 definite interest and 3 first choice. “I’ve heard the Disney people are concerned though exhibitor screenings went well,” one rival studio exec tells me. Then again, Prince Of Persia was a North American disappointment when it opened to $30M and has now taken in $86M. But it has made 72% of its money internationally for $226M and what is now a worldwide cume of $312M. So perhaps Sorcerer’s Apprentice will, too.
'Sorcerer's Apprentice' Tracking Worse Than 'Prince Of Persia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest TV News
- Whitney Berry Joins Bungalow|Storied Media As SVP Development & Production
- ‘The Little Prince’ Gets Netflix Release Date & New Trailer
- Samantha Morton, Lesley Manville & Jessica Brown Findlay Are ‘Harlots’ For ITV And Hulu
- Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind ‘Nashville’ And Looks To ‘Power Rangers’ As Long-Lasting Franchise
- Vice News Taps BBC’s Neil Breakwell As London Bureau Chief
- Amazon Unveils New Pilots & Confirms Dramas ‘Interestings’ & ‘Last Tycoon’