UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Cast Announced: Charo, Chris Kattan, Mr. T & Nancy Kerrigan Will Strut Their Stuff
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Logan’ Outstripping Pre-Sales Of ‘X-Men’ Ensemble Movies On Fandango
- ‘Get Out’ Stabs Tuesday Takes Of ‘Conjuring 2’, ‘Purge: Election Year’ & ‘Split…
- Review: Janie Dee in ‘Linda’ & David Mamet’s Latest, ‘The Penitent’
- ‘Logan’ Looks To Roar $170M+ Around The World In First Weekend – Box Office Preview
- ‘Moonlight,’ Oscar’s Surprise Best Picture Winner, Will Shine Wide This Weekend
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China; Crosses $100M Monday After Record Debut – International Box Office