UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Croods 2’ Back On Dreamworks Animation’s Schedule; Studio Teams With Jason Blum For ‘Spooky Jack…
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M…
- Broadway Trims Sails, Picks Up Speed As ‘Bandstand’ & ‘Groundhog Day’ Depart
- Disney’s ‘Frozen’, ‘Angels In America’ & Hal Prince: Gerard & Roth On The New…
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Swings To Fox Record In China; Tops $430M WW; ‘It’ Hits $371M – International…
- Ben Stiller's 'Brad's Status' Bows Solid – Specialty Box Office