UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Saturday Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Rules With $26M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ $20M; ‘Masterminds’ Dumbs Down…
- How Paramount’s ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Hacked ‘Mr. Robot’s Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media…
- Rachel Weisz Fights 'Denial', Shia LaBeouf Leads Mad Band Of Kids In 'American Honey' – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Simon McBurney’s Techno Excursion ‘The Encounter’ Is A Trip: Broadway Review
- Felicity Jones-Nicholas Hoult Vehicle ‘Collide’ Back On Track For Winter 2017
- Warner Bros. Ups Jeff Goldstein To Domestic Distrib President; Veronika Kwan Vandenberg Expands Int’l Distrib Role