UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Steve Jobs’, ‘A Better You’, ‘Trash’, ‘Ladrones’ & More Face Off At…
- Disney Hits $4B Globally, Fastest Time In Studio’s History
- Disney: ‘Ant Man And The Wasp’ A Go, ‘Incredibles 2’ Dated & More
- ‘Martian’ & ‘Hotel Transylvania 2’ Set To Cross $100M This Weekend; ‘Pan’ Soars In Fandango Pre-Sales…
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity
- Bradley Cooper Chef Dramedy ‘Burnt’ Changes Up Its Serving Plans Slightly