UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Hamilton’ & ‘Shuffle Along’ Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As ‘American Psycho’, ‘Tuck Everlasting…
- Alfie Allen Joins Jesse Eisenberg’s ‘The Spoils’ In West End Transfer; Slow TV Takes Bus To BBC4…
- Watch: Tony Awards Nominations Live Stream
- Bono Joins Lupita Nyong’o & ‘Eclipsed’ Cast On Behalf Of Kidnapped Girls
- ‘Waitress’ Is Looking Hit-like, Dramas Rising At Jumpy Broadway Box Office
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…