UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Blair Brown Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘Parisian Woman’ On Broadway; Bedlam Revives ‘Peter Pan’
- Broadway Box Office: Brendon Urie Kicks ‘Kinky Boots’ To $1.4M; Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ Up $207K
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- How Warner Bros Beat The Period-Film Curse At The B.O. & Positioned ‘Dunkirk’ As A Summer Tentpole
- 'Landline' Dials In With Top Number; 'The Beguiled' Crosses $10M – Specialty Box Office