UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
DNC Gavels In Calmly As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ $30M Debut; ‘Lights Out’ $8.5M; Jackie Chan’s ‘Skiptrace’ Nails $64M Bow – Int’l Box…
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Mike Birbiglia's 'Don't Think Twice' Tops $90K In Exclusive Run; 'Hillary's America' Grabs $3.7M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $59.6M: But Why Is It Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- 'Absolutely Fabulous' Binges On The Big Screen; Mike Birbiglia Tackles Improv: Specialty Preview