UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival