UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Bradley Cooper-Directed 'A Star Is Born' & Disney's 'Overnight On 42nd Street' Among 13 Films Picked For California Film Incentives
Latest Box Office News
- Scott Rudin & Aaron Sorkin Will Bring ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ To Broadway
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- ‘Deadpool’ To Rule Holiday Weekend, But Women Have Eyes For ‘Zoolander 2’ & ‘How To Be Single…
- Warner Bros. Moves ‘Ready Player One’ Out Of 2017 & Away From Next ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Revenant’ Rides Past $325M WW; Lunar New Year Party Kicks Off With China Record – International Box…
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Does Touchdown Dance With $21.2M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters ‘Zombies’, ‘Choice’…