UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Box Office News
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘Mockingjay’ Rules Roost; ‘Good Dinosaur’ Hatches With $29M; ‘The Martian’ Lands $50M In China – Intl…
- Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By ‘Mockingjay 2’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Creed’ – Sunday AM…
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Trailer Scores Record Traffic For A Comedy Film In Its First Week
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Dressed For 'The Danish Girl'; Amy Berg Bows 'Janis: Little Girl Blue': Specialty Preview