UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Paramour’ Lands On 42nd Street, One Small Step For Broadway, One Giant Leap For Cirque Du Soleil, Inc…
- ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’ Eyes Offshore Top Hat – Intl B.O. Preview
- Broadway’s Miller Time Continues With Roundabout Revival Of ‘The Price’
- Tony Nominee George C. Wolfe On ‘Shuffle Along’ & The Problem Of Success – Deadline Q&A
- ‘The Fast And The Furious’ To Be Re-Released In Celebration Of Pic’s 15th Anniversary
- Alamo Drafthouse Chief Tim League Shares Ideas For Gender-Neutral Restrooms At Austin Theater Location