UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
Latest Box Office News
- Disney Previews Opening Scene Of 'Incredibles 2 – CinemaCon
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Extended Footage Unveiled: When Han Met Lando – CinemaCon
- Disney Teases Live-Action ‘Lion King’, ‘Aladdin’, ‘Dumbo’ & More At CinemaCon…
- RealD & Cinemark Re-Up 3D Pact Through 2022 – CinemaCon
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Eyes $498M WW Opening, And Beyond – Global Preview
- Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn Says Goodbye To Distrib Boss Dave Hollis, Calls Him Equal To WB Vet Dan Fellman…