UPDATE: When that awful idea of a Hollywood futures exchange linked to box office looked headed for approval, it looked like Cantor Fitzgerald would sell contracts on Iron Man 2 as its first film. Well, that pic came and went without any betting, er, trading. Now that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed Media Derivatives to launch its Trend Exchange trading platform, the focus is once again on what will be the first pic traded. Well, my colleague Mike Fleming yesterday reported that the first contracts will be pegged to the performance of Takers, that Screen Gems/Sony Pictures bank robber film starring Matt Dillon and Hayden Christensen, T.I., and Paul Walker and due to be released in August.
Will This Be 1st Futures Exchange Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Box Office News
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi
- ‘Justice League’ Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are ‘Wonder’ & ‘Thor’ Cutting…
- How MoviePass Is Girding For The Massive ‘Last Jedi’ Holiday B.O. Season: CEO Says “Exhibitors Should Be Thrilled”…
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office
- Fandango Reports Sensational Advance Group Ticket Sales For ‘Wonder’
- ‘Justice League’ Powers To $13M Thursday Night; Beats ‘Wonder Woman’ – Friday AM Update