Here’s a new trailer for The Green Hornet, which debuts 3D in January. Cool trailer, sure. But having grown up watching action films with badass protagonists like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, even Brian Bosworth and Jeff Speakman, I’ve got a question about this trailer (and the one for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World): Am I the only one having trouble buying Seth Rogen and Michael Cera as action stars? What happened to the days when the heroes could wipe the floor with everyone in the theater? I’m not sure Rogen and Cera could clean house against the matinee audiences for Toy Story 3. The jury is still out on Adrien Brody for Predators, though at least he seems to have undergone a vigorous aerobics regimen. Is this an apocalyptic sign for the genre?
What Happened To Badass Action Heroes? (Who Could Actually Win A Fistfight!)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border
- Richard Linklater Setting Lineup Card For Baseball Movie