Here’s a new trailer for The Green Hornet, which debuts 3D in January. Cool trailer, sure. But having grown up watching action films with badass protagonists like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, even Brian Bosworth and Jeff Speakman, I’ve got a question about this trailer (and the one for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World): Am I the only one having trouble buying Seth Rogen and Michael Cera as action stars? What happened to the days when the heroes could wipe the floor with everyone in the theater? I’m not sure Rogen and Cera could clean house against the matinee audiences for Toy Story 3. The jury is still out on Adrien Brody for Predators, though at least he seems to have undergone a vigorous aerobics regimen. Is this an apocalyptic sign for the genre?
What Happened To Badass Action Heroes? (Who Could Actually Win A Fistfight!)
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…