The London-based production company is reuniting directors Max Giwa and Dania Pasquini and writer Jane English. The UK’s first independent 3D film has done remarkably well, grossing $23 million worldwide so far after 3 weeks on release. CAA is screening the film to US buyers this week in Los Angeles. Indeed, the US and Japan are the only major territories still unsold. The film opens in Sweden, Greece, the Middle East and Russia this weekend. Vertigo was clever in tying up the film’s stars, dance troupes Diversity and Flawless, before they’d been on Britain’s Got Talent. It also snagged another Simon Cowell discovery, hip-hop dancer George Sampson. Vertigo’s coy as to whether any of them will be back for Streetdance 2 though.
Vertigo Confirms Streetdance 3D Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins