The London-based production company is reuniting directors Max Giwa and Dania Pasquini and writer Jane English. The UK’s first independent 3D film has done remarkably well, grossing $23 million worldwide so far after 3 weeks on release. CAA is screening the film to US buyers this week in Los Angeles. Indeed, the US and Japan are the only major territories still unsold. The film opens in Sweden, Greece, the Middle East and Russia this weekend. Vertigo was clever in tying up the film’s stars, dance troupes Diversity and Flawless, before they’d been on Britain’s Got Talent. It also snagged another Simon Cowell discovery, hip-hop dancer George Sampson. Vertigo’s coy as to whether any of them will be back for Streetdance 2 though.
Vertigo Confirms Streetdance 3D Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’
- Video – Larry David’s Shticky Business Sorta Sparks ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Bernie Sanders, Larry David Trade Bernie Sanders-isms on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- CNN: Ted Cruz Debate Accusations “Categorically False”