EXCLUSIVE: Fred Goss (Sons & Daughters) is closing a deal to play the lead in the CMT comedy pilot 30 Percent, with Sarah Rafferty also cast in the project. Additionally, veteran Debra Mooney (Everwood) rounds out the core cast of another CMT comedy pilot, the untitled David Litt project. 30 Percent, written and executive produced by Peter Knight, is about a family that must downsize when the father’s (Goss) pay as a commercial real estate executive is cut by 30%. Rafferty will play his doting wife. The multi-camera David Litt comedy is a multi-generational show about a man (Tom Arnold) seeking the empty nest and his family, including wife (Liza Snyder) and parents (Ed Asner, Mooney), who is unwilling to let him have it. The David Litt project and 30 Percent are 2 of 4 comedy pilots ordered by CMT, along with Working Class, staring Melissa Peterman, and The Hard Life.
Actor Trio Join CMT Comedy Pilots
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate