EXCLUSIVE: Fred Goss (Sons & Daughters) is closing a deal to play the lead in the CMT comedy pilot 30 Percent, with Sarah Rafferty also cast in the project. Additionally, veteran Debra Mooney (Everwood) rounds out the core cast of another CMT comedy pilot, the untitled David Litt project. 30 Percent, written and executive produced by Peter Knight, is about a family that must downsize when the father’s (Goss) pay as a commercial real estate executive is cut by 30%. Rafferty will play his doting wife. The multi-camera David Litt comedy is a multi-generational show about a man (Tom Arnold) seeking the empty nest and his family, including wife (Liza Snyder) and parents (Ed Asner, Mooney), who is unwilling to let him have it. The David Litt project and 30 Percent are 2 of 4 comedy pilots ordered by CMT, along with Working Class, staring Melissa Peterman, and The Hard Life.
Actor Trio Join CMT Comedy Pilots
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer