EXCLUSIVE: Fred Goss (Sons & Daughters) is closing a deal to play the lead in the CMT comedy pilot 30 Percent, with Sarah Rafferty also cast in the project. Additionally, veteran Debra Mooney (Everwood) rounds out the core cast of another CMT comedy pilot, the untitled David Litt project. 30 Percent, written and executive produced by Peter Knight, is about a family that must downsize when the father’s (Goss) pay as a commercial real estate executive is cut by 30%. Rafferty will play his doting wife. The multi-camera David Litt comedy is a multi-generational show about a man (Tom Arnold) seeking the empty nest and his family, including wife (Liza Snyder) and parents (Ed Asner, Mooney), who is unwilling to let him have it. The David Litt project and 30 Percent are 2 of 4 comedy pilots ordered by CMT, along with Working Class, staring Melissa Peterman, and The Hard Life.
Actor Trio Join CMT Comedy Pilots
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Nears Season 2 Renewal At Netflix
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June