UPDATE: This is a failing grade for the 20th Century Fox film starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz on the first day of what will be its 5-day opening weekend. According to rival studios, a figure of $5+M would have been hopeful. But Fox announced just now that Knight and Day did only a nervous $3.8M. (Rival studios had it at $3.6M this morning “apparently not knowing that there was a data feed problem with one of the big circuits”, Fox tells me.) “It’s normally 5-times Wednesday for 5 days, but that’s a number below even the most evil estimates,” one rival studio exec emails me.
'Knight And Day' Disappoints With $3.8M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- Audience Member Shouts “Let’s Hear It For Women Producers!” As Broadway’s Tony-Winning ‘Indecent’ Extends…
- Sofia Coppola’s 'The Beguiled' Opens Against Sundance Hit 'The Big Sick' This Weekend – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘1984’ Broadway Review: Olivia Wilde, Tom Sturridge & Reed Birney Revive Orwell’s Grim Tale
- New York Indie Distributors Kino Lorber & Zeitgeist Films Enter Multi-Year Partnership