Lionsgate has formally announced its acquisition of North American rights to Machine Gun Preacher, the fact-based drama about Sam Childers, a reformed badass who established an orphanage in war torn Africa and then supervised a militia to protect the kids. The film stars Gerard Butler, Michelle Monaghan and Michael Shannon, with Marc Forster directing the Jason Keller script based on the real life exploits of Sam Childers. Deadline told you all this last month after first reporting on the worthy project getting Forster and Butler in January. What’s new? They start shooting July 5 in Detroit and South Africa, and Madeline Carroll, Kathy Baker and Souleymane Sy Savane are also in the cast. It gives Lionsgate production execs something to think about while management fights off Carl Icahn.
TOLDJA! Lionsgate Confirms 'Machine Gun Preacher' Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter