The new TNT original series Memphis Beat got off to a solid start last night, drawing 4.3 million viewers. It built on its lead-in, the second-season premiere of HawthoRNe, which opened with 3.4 million viewers. Both shows outperformed HawthoRNe‘s series debut last year. While the Jason Lee-starring Memphis Beat couldn’t beat the debut of Betty White’s Hot in Cleveland on TV Land last week (4.8 million), the TNT premiere performance is still impressive.
TNT's 'Memphis Beat' Premieres Strong
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate