20th Century Fox and Walden Media have released the first trailer for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the third installment of the CS Lewis The Chronicles of Narnia series. What is interesting about this trailer is how much the Michael Apted-directed film seems in the wheelhouse of the family film platform now being followed by Disney picture chief Rich Ross. After the last film disappointed–its battle theme didn’t turn on the family crowd the way the original film did–the last regime at Disney punted the project. The filmmakers overhauled the series to trim the budget and tried to return to the magical themes of the first hit film. The film opens December 10. It was shot in 2D and converted to 3D.
'Chronicles Of Narnia' Back With Fox Logo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55