Britain’s biggest indie producer has established a new four-person unit identifying new business opportunities and acquisitions overseas. It has hired two executives from Discovery and Channel 4 respectively for the global business development division. Alden Mitchell, who will head the unit, has been hired from Discovery Networks International. Lucinda Hicks joins from Channel 4, where she’s currently strategy manager. Mitchell and Hicks will begin at Shine Group this summer. Kate Ward, vice-president of Shine Network, and Paul Rootham, Shine’s group business development manager, will move across to the new division.
Shine Creates Overseas Expansion Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back