Britain’s biggest indie producer has established a new four-person unit identifying new business opportunities and acquisitions overseas. It has hired two executives from Discovery and Channel 4 respectively for the global business development division. Alden Mitchell, who will head the unit, has been hired from Discovery Networks International. Lucinda Hicks joins from Channel 4, where she’s currently strategy manager. Mitchell and Hicks will begin at Shine Group this summer. Kate Ward, vice-president of Shine Network, and Paul Rootham, Shine’s group business development manager, will move across to the new division.
Shine Creates Overseas Expansion Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Amazon Picks Up Sky Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For Season 2
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Comcast Agrees To Add YouTube App To Xfinity Platform
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight