The third season of HBO’s vampire drama True Blood is off to a very strong start. The season premiere at 9PM on Sunday averaged 5.1 million viewers, a 38% increase from the season 2 premiere (3.7 million) and matching the audience for the Season 2 finale in September. It was just a tad shy of the record for True Blood’s largest audience to date, which is held by last year’s August 23 episode, 5.3 million. Another 1.3 million watched the Season 3 premiere during the 11PM replay for a nightly total of 6.4 million viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Season 3 Premiere Of HBO's 'True Blood' Scores Big On Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins