The third season of HBO’s vampire drama True Blood is off to a very strong start. The season premiere at 9PM on Sunday averaged 5.1 million viewers, a 38% increase from the season 2 premiere (3.7 million) and matching the audience for the Season 2 finale in September. It was just a tad shy of the record for True Blood’s largest audience to date, which is held by last year’s August 23 episode, 5.3 million. Another 1.3 million watched the Season 3 premiere during the 11PM replay for a nightly total of 6.4 million viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Season 3 Premiere Of HBO's 'True Blood' Scores Big On Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order By…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders