Former AOL Time Warner COO Robert Pittman and his partner Andrew Russell have joined the investor roster of GeekChicDaily, the fanboy-geared website founded last fall by web entrepreneur Peter Levin, Wizard Entertainment’s Gareb Shamus and Mandalay Entertainment Group CEO Peter Guber. Pittman’s investment is low six-figures. Pittman was an early investor in Daily Candy, hatched by Pete Sheinbaum and sold last year to Comcast for $125 million. Sheinbaum also joined the GeekChicDaily board.
Robert Pittman Joins GeekChicDaily Backers
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'