Former AOL Time Warner COO Robert Pittman and his partner Andrew Russell have joined the investor roster of GeekChicDaily, the fanboy-geared website founded last fall by web entrepreneur Peter Levin, Wizard Entertainment’s Gareb Shamus and Mandalay Entertainment Group CEO Peter Guber. Pittman’s investment is low six-figures. Pittman was an early investor in Daily Candy, hatched by Pete Sheinbaum and sold last year to Comcast for $125 million. Sheinbaum also joined the GeekChicDaily board.
Robert Pittman Joins GeekChicDaily Backers
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release
- Morris Chestnut Boards 'Bus 657′
- Rosie Day Joins 'All Roads Lead To Rome'
- Relativity Buys Kevin Costner-Starrer 'Black Or White'
- Darren Aronofsky Added To PGA's Gotham Produced By Confab