Last month, ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats received a second lease on life with a six-script order that came days after the project missed the cut for a pre-upfront series order by ABC. But if the drama from writer Rand Ravich gets to a new production order (it is eyed for a potential midseason series pickup), it will be with almost entirely new cast. Of the actors in the original pilot, which was directed by Jace Alexander, only co-star Robert Patrick is staying on as all the others have been released. That includes star Tom Cavanagh, co-stars Alicia Witt and Derek Webster as well as Alex Solowitz and Raoul Trujillo who were guest stars on the pilot with an option to become regulars if it got picked up. Edgar Floats, produced by Warner Bros. TV, centers on a police psychologist-turned bounty hunter, a role that was originally played by Cavanagh, who often works for a bail bondsman (Patrick). People have been divided on Cavanagh’s performance, while Patrick has been almost universally hailed as the pilot’s scene stealer. I hear ABC brass like the idea of Edgar Floats and the central character but the project is being re-conceived, with the six additional scripts still being written.
Robert Patrick The Sole Survivor On 'Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Tops ‘The Big Bang Theory’ For the First Time In Live+7 Demo Ratings
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Shocks Fans With The Return Of A Familiar Face
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- ‘This Is Us’ EPs On Tearjerker ‘Memphis’ Episode, Its Impact On Randall & Future Storylines
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Promises Ben Carson Will Find “True Meaning Of HUD”
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role