Last month, ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats received a second lease on life with a six-script order that came days after the project missed the cut for a pre-upfront series order by ABC. But if the drama from writer Rand Ravich gets to a new production order (it is eyed for a potential midseason series pickup), it will be with almost entirely new cast. Of the actors in the original pilot, which was directed by Jace Alexander, only co-star Robert Patrick is staying on as all the others have been released. That includes star Tom Cavanagh, co-stars Alicia Witt and Derek Webster as well as Alex Solowitz and Raoul Trujillo who were guest stars on the pilot with an option to become regulars if it got picked up. Edgar Floats, produced by Warner Bros. TV, centers on a police psychologist-turned bounty hunter, a role that was originally played by Cavanagh, who often works for a bail bondsman (Patrick). People have been divided on Cavanagh’s performance, while Patrick has been almost universally hailed as the pilot’s scene stealer. I hear ABC brass like the idea of Edgar Floats and the central character but the project is being re-conceived, with the six additional scripts still being written.
Robert Patrick The Sole Survivor On 'Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest TV News
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Ratings Return Up, ‘Shark Tank’ Down & ‘Grimm’ Rises
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins Best…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct