Team USA couldn’t deliver another comeback win but their loss to Ghana in Round 16 delivered blockbuster ratings for ABC. The Saturday match, which Ghana won 2-1 in overtime, is now the most-watched FIFA World Cup game with 14.9 million viewers. As it was for all 3 previous team USA matches, San Diego was the top market with a 15.4 household rating. Through 50 games of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the ESPN networks are averaging a 1.8 U.S. rating and 2.8 million viewers. The rating is up 48% from 2006, while viewers are up 60%.
Ratings Rat Race: USA-Ghana Sets Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign