Team USA couldn’t deliver another comeback win but their loss to Ghana in Round 16 delivered blockbuster ratings for ABC. The Saturday match, which Ghana won 2-1 in overtime, is now the most-watched FIFA World Cup game with 14.9 million viewers. As it was for all 3 previous team USA matches, San Diego was the top market with a 15.4 household rating. Through 50 games of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the ESPN networks are averaging a 1.8 U.S. rating and 2.8 million viewers. The rating is up 48% from 2006, while viewers are up 60%.
Ratings Rat Race: USA-Ghana Sets Record
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Jim Parsons Rewrites God’s Top 10 List, Dishes Noah – Broadway Review
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs