Team USA couldn’t deliver another comeback win but their loss to Ghana in Round 16 delivered blockbuster ratings for ABC. The Saturday match, which Ghana won 2-1 in overtime, is now the most-watched FIFA World Cup game with 14.9 million viewers. As it was for all 3 previous team USA matches, San Diego was the top market with a 15.4 household rating. Through 50 games of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the ESPN networks are averaging a 1.8 U.S. rating and 2.8 million viewers. The rating is up 48% from 2006, while viewers are up 60%.
Ratings Rat Race: USA-Ghana Sets Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Trial & Error’: Kristin Chenoweth To Star In Season 2 Of NBC Legal Comedy Series
- Peter Micelli Leaving CAA To Become Chief Strategy Officer For eOne
- ‘L.A. Confidential’: Brian J. Smith To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘Unsolved’ Review: Tupac & Notorious B.I.G. Murder Drama A Mic Drop For USA
- Seth Gordon To Direct ‘Dan The Weatherman’ Fox Comedy Pilot
- ‘Scandal’ Star Bellamy Young To Topline ABC Comedic Soap Pilot ‘False Profits’