Team USA couldn’t deliver another comeback win but their loss to Ghana in Round 16 delivered blockbuster ratings for ABC. The Saturday match, which Ghana won 2-1 in overtime, is now the most-watched FIFA World Cup game with 14.9 million viewers. As it was for all 3 previous team USA matches, San Diego was the top market with a 15.4 household rating. Through 50 games of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the ESPN networks are averaging a 1.8 U.S. rating and 2.8 million viewers. The rating is up 48% from 2006, while viewers are up 60%.
Ratings Rat Race: USA-Ghana Sets Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest TV News
- Bill Clinton & James Patterson’s Novel 'The President Is Missing' Lands At Showtime For TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Carnival Row’: David Gyasi, Karla Crome, Indira Varma & Tamzin Merchant Join Amazon’s Fantasy…
- Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood’s Embrace Of China
- Donald Trump Blasts Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg For Fueling "The Russia Hoax"
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Tamlyn Tomita Upped To Series Regular On ABC Drama
- ‘Humans’: Mark Bonnar Joins Season 3 Cast Of Sci-Fi Drama Series