The non-executive chairman of two of Sony’s UK television divisions – one of which is Simon Cowell’s Syco — is probably the most colourful character on the scene. “Baz”, as he is known, was chief creative officer of Endemol until 2007. He imported Big Brother from the Netherlands, pretty much inventing reality TV. And he personally dreamt up the Ready Steady Cook and Changing Rooms formats, which have sold around the world. The Daily Mail named him as one of the “Ten Worst Britons” for Endemol’s reality show The Farm, in which David Beckham’s ex-lover became intimate with a pig. And the London Evening Standard huffed that Bazalgette has “done more to debase television over the past decade than anyone else”. To me, he always comes across as if he’s vastly enjoying some private joke, which he hasn’t shared with anybody else.
Peter Bazalgette Appointed RTS President
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…