The non-executive chairman of two of Sony’s UK television divisions – one of which is Simon Cowell’s Syco — is probably the most colourful character on the scene. “Baz”, as he is known, was chief creative officer of Endemol until 2007. He imported Big Brother from the Netherlands, pretty much inventing reality TV. And he personally dreamt up the Ready Steady Cook and Changing Rooms formats, which have sold around the world. The Daily Mail named him as one of the “Ten Worst Britons” for Endemol’s reality show The Farm, in which David Beckham’s ex-lover became intimate with a pig. And the London Evening Standard huffed that Bazalgette has “done more to debase television over the past decade than anyone else”. To me, he always comes across as if he’s vastly enjoying some private joke, which he hasn’t shared with anybody else.
Peter Bazalgette Appointed RTS President
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’