Paramount and Nickelodeon Pictures’ new date of release is now Thursday July 1st for the 3D and 2D versions of M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender. Insiders tell me, “Early tracking is very good. Especially with males. So the studio is moving up to get a head start on the holiday weekend.” Let’s also not forget that the Twilight Saga’s Eclipse will do huge business with women especially on its Wednesday opener. “And while the threequel will definitely win the weekend, the two movies can coexist,” one of my sources said.
Paramount Ups 'Last Airbender' By 1 Day
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series