Fox has ordered two additional scripts for comedy Breaking In a month after the network passed on the comedy pilot starring Christian Slater. The pilot, set at a digital-security firm, was written by Adam F. Goldberg and directed by Seth Gordon. It had buzz, tested well and was in the running for a series pickup before ultimately missing the cut. Now, with the additional script order, producing studio Sony Pictures TV is also expected to extend the options on the cast that also includes Reaper star Bret Harrison. This would prevent Harrison from being considered for the role on new NBC comedy series Perfect Couples, which is recasting a male lead.
New Lease On Life For Fox's 'Breaking In'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order