NCIS co-star Michael Weatherly has closed a deal to continue on the veteran CBS crime procedural. Weatherly was one of four original cast members, along with Pauley Perrette, David McCallum and Sean Murray, who didn’t have deals beyond this past seventh season and whose future on the show became uncertain in April over a salary dispute with producer CBS TV Studios. McCallum reached a deal a few days later, while Weatherly and Perrette attended the CBS upfront despite the fact that they didn’t have new contracts (Murray didn’t attend because of a scheduling issue.) Perrette recently also reached an agreement, and, with Weatherly signed too, Murray, who started off as a recurring in Season 1, is the last remaining NCIS cast member without a deal but the two sides are optimistic that he too would eventually be re-signed.
'NCIS' Co-Star Michael Weatherly To Return
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'