NCIS co-star Michael Weatherly has closed a deal to continue on the veteran CBS crime procedural. Weatherly was one of four original cast members, along with Pauley Perrette, David McCallum and Sean Murray, who didn’t have deals beyond this past seventh season and whose future on the show became uncertain in April over a salary dispute with producer CBS TV Studios. McCallum reached a deal a few days later, while Weatherly and Perrette attended the CBS upfront despite the fact that they didn’t have new contracts (Murray didn’t attend because of a scheduling issue.) Perrette recently also reached an agreement, and, with Weatherly signed too, Murray, who started off as a recurring in Season 1, is the last remaining NCIS cast member without a deal but the two sides are optimistic that he too would eventually be re-signed.
'NCIS' Co-Star Michael Weatherly To Return
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot