EXCLUSIVE: Mos Def has joined HBO’s upcoming Mike White/Laura Dern comedy series Enlightened as a regular. The single-camera comedy stars Dern as a self-destructive woman who has a spiritual awakening and decides to live an enlightened life, which creates havoc at home and work. Mos Def will play her new boss when she returns to work. This marks Mos Def’s first full-time series gig. He recurred on Comedy Central’s Chapelle’s Show and recently did a memorable guest stint on Fox’s House. At HBO, he starred in the 2004 movie Something the Lord Made, which earned him an Emmy nomination.
Mos Def To Co-Star On HBO's 'Enlightened'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”