While its struggle to unload Miramax Films and its library continues, Disney has just set a January 21, 2011 release date for the Miramax thriller Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark. The Troy Nixey-directed film, written by Guillermo del Toro and Matthew Robbins, stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce. The film is a remake of the 1973 ABC telepic. A young girl, sent to live with her father and his girlfriend, and she is stalked by a swarm of tiny, nasty monsters. The filmmakers expected that the picture would be lost in a custody battle to whatever company won the Miramax library. Despite the fact that the film will be R-rated, there is enthusiasm that it is staying with Disney. I’m told the studio quite likes the film, and while they don’t do R-rated stuff, they can make an exception on the Miramax label.
Miramax's 'Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark' Scares Up January Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Univision Taps Steve Mandala To Run Ad Sales & Marketing
- ‘Salvation’ Ratings Down, ‘Carmichael’ Even & CBS Wins Night
- AMC Developing 1990s Chicago Drama Series From Ben Watkins With Ed Burns Set To Exec Produce & Co-Star
- Showtime Orders Boston 1990s Crime Drama Pilot From Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, Gavin O’Connor To Direct
- ‘Absentia’ Trailer: First Look At Stana Katic Crime Thriller On AXN
- ‘At Home With Amy Sedaris’ Gets Fall Premiere Date On truTV