Producer Michael Edelstein is returning to the executive ranks as president of international television production for NBC Universal International. Edelstein, who will relocate from Los Angeles to London, replaces former co-founder and CEO of Hat Trick Denise O’Donoghue. She, in turn, succeeded Angela Bromstad, who held the post until returning to NBC a year and a half ago. Edelstein will oversee UK production company Carnival Film & TV, which was acquired by NBC Uni in 2008, and will work closely with Working Title TV, a joint production venture formed by NBC Uni with Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and headed by Shelley McCrory. He will also oversee NBC Uni’s international formats licensing business, headed by Yvonne Pilkington. Edelstein served as an executive producer on the first season of ABC’s Desperate Housewives and, most recently, on the ABC summer series Defying Gravity. He previously worked as executive producer at Industry Entertainment and as director current programs at CBS Entertainment.
Michael Edelstein To Head NBC Uni's International TV Production Unit
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: David Harbour, Chris Meloni Talk Being Leading Men & Regretful Roles In ‘Brave New Warriors’ Panel
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Panel Kicks Off With Surprise David Lynch Video Visit – Comic-Con
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Attracts 13 Million On Traditional TV
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Brings Winter To Comic-Con Hall H: Child-Burning Witch Melisandre Advising Daenerys Targaryen?
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's Hollywood Renaissance?
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer, Anthony Scaramucci & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion