Producer Michael Edelstein is returning to the executive ranks as president of international television production for NBC Universal International. Edelstein, who will relocate from Los Angeles to London, replaces former co-founder and CEO of Hat Trick Denise O’Donoghue. She, in turn, succeeded Angela Bromstad, who held the post until returning to NBC a year and a half ago. Edelstein will oversee UK production company Carnival Film & TV, which was acquired by NBC Uni in 2008, and will work closely with Working Title TV, a joint production venture formed by NBC Uni with Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and headed by Shelley McCrory. He will also oversee NBC Uni’s international formats licensing business, headed by Yvonne Pilkington. Edelstein served as an executive producer on the first season of ABC’s Desperate Housewives and, most recently, on the ABC summer series Defying Gravity. He previously worked as executive producer at Industry Entertainment and as director current programs at CBS Entertainment.
Michael Edelstein To Head NBC Uni's International TV Production Unit
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’