ER alumna Maura Tierney has signed on to star in the new ABC series The Whole Truth. The legal drama, from Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros. TV, chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution and centers on Kathryn Peale (Tierney), a deputy bureau chief in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, and her old friend Jimmy Brogan (Rob Morrow), one of New York’s rising criminal attorney stars, who will square off in court each week. Tierney steps in for Joely Richardson who played the role in the pilot but pulled out right after it was picked up to series citing family reasons. Last year, Tierney too had to pull out of NBC’s newly picked up dramedy series Parenthood after starring in the pilot to undergo breast cancer treatment. She returned to acting during pilot season and received multiple offers, including one for The Whole Truth, but passed. She was re-approached for the role shortly after the upfronts and entered negotiations soon thereafter. She also is reprising her recurring role on FX’s Rescue Me on the show’s upcoming sixth season. The Whole Truth, which will be filmed in Los Angeles, brings Tierney back at Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind ER, on which she starred for 9 seasons. In addition
Maura Tierney Set For 'The Whole Truth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset