ER alumna Maura Tierney has signed on to star in the new ABC series The Whole Truth. The legal drama, from Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros. TV, chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution and centers on Kathryn Peale (Tierney), a deputy bureau chief in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, and her old friend Jimmy Brogan (Rob Morrow), one of New York’s rising criminal attorney stars, who will square off in court each week. Tierney steps in for Joely Richardson who played the role in the pilot but pulled out right after it was picked up to series citing family reasons. Last year, Tierney too had to pull out of NBC’s newly picked up dramedy series Parenthood after starring in the pilot to undergo breast cancer treatment. She returned to acting during pilot season and received multiple offers, including one for The Whole Truth, but passed. She was re-approached for the role shortly after the upfronts and entered negotiations soon thereafter. She also is reprising her recurring role on FX’s Rescue Me on the show’s upcoming sixth season. The Whole Truth, which will be filmed in Los Angeles, brings Tierney back at Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind ER, on which she starred for 9 seasons. In addition
Maura Tierney Set For 'The Whole Truth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Gemma Arterton To Play Marilyn Monroe In ‘Some Like It Hot’ Comedy
- BBC Launches Review To “Sweep Away” Barriers For Women At The Corporation
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo