EXCLUSIVE: Mary Steenburgen is set to star in the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. This marks the first casting on the project described as a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of southern organized crime and Nashville royalty “where music and love, hope and tragedy collide”. Steenburgen will play a powerful country music icon who is very protective of her daughter Annabel. Steenburgen is also expected to sing in the role, which has the vibe of Shirley MacLaine’s Aurora Greenway in Terms Of Endearment. Husband-and-wife duo of Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz wrote the script for Outlaw Country, with Sons of Anarchy exec producers Art Linson and John Linson executive producing for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Shooter Jennings, son of the late country star Waylon Jennings, is attached as executive consultant and music supervisor. Steenburgen, who recently starred in the ABC comedy pilot Southern Discomfort and reprised her role on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
Mary Steenburgen Set For 'Outlaw Country'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In 'Ophelia'; Covert Media Aboard New Take On 'Hamlet' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- OWN Co-President Sheri Salata Exits, Erik Logan Becomes Sole President
- Donald Trump Declares Open Season On Hillary Clinton As John Kasich Quits Race – Update
- Ayo Davis Named Head of Casting for ABC; WME Agent Jonathan Bluman Joins As VP
- TNT Picks Up E4 Series ‘Foreign Bodies’
- ‘Empire’s Lee Daniels Says “Sorry” To Sean Penn; $10M Defamation Suit Ends
- ‘Person Of Interest’ Final Season Opens OK, ‘The Voice’ Is Testing Ratings Lows