EXCLUSIVE: Mary Steenburgen is set to star in the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. This marks the first casting on the project described as a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of southern organized crime and Nashville royalty “where music and love, hope and tragedy collide”. Steenburgen will play a powerful country music icon who is very protective of her daughter Annabel. Steenburgen is also expected to sing in the role, which has the vibe of Shirley MacLaine’s Aurora Greenway in Terms Of Endearment. Husband-and-wife duo of Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz wrote the script for Outlaw Country, with Sons of Anarchy exec producers Art Linson and John Linson executive producing for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Shooter Jennings, son of the late country star Waylon Jennings, is attached as executive consultant and music supervisor. Steenburgen, who recently starred in the ABC comedy pilot Southern Discomfort and reprised her role on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
Mary Steenburgen Set For 'Outlaw Country'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'