EXCLUSIVE: Mary Steenburgen is set to star in the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. This marks the first casting on the project described as a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of southern organized crime and Nashville royalty “where music and love, hope and tragedy collide”. Steenburgen will play a powerful country music icon who is very protective of her daughter Annabel. Steenburgen is also expected to sing in the role, which has the vibe of Shirley MacLaine’s Aurora Greenway in Terms Of Endearment. Husband-and-wife duo of Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz wrote the script for Outlaw Country, with Sons of Anarchy exec producers Art Linson and John Linson executive producing for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Shooter Jennings, son of the late country star Waylon Jennings, is attached as executive consultant and music supervisor. Steenburgen, who recently starred in the ABC comedy pilot Southern Discomfort and reprised her role on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
Mary Steenburgen Set For 'Outlaw Country'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- Newcomer Katherine Langford On ’13 Reasons Why’: “It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done”
- ‘A World In Disarray’: Vice Examines American Foreign Policy In Special Report On HBO
- 'Trumped: The Musical'? Ron Howard Hopes Somebody Does It – Cannes Lions
- Dennis Rodman Takes Credit For North Korea’s Release Of Otto Warmbier On ‘GMA’
- Jimmy Kimmel On Senate Trumpcare Plan: “And These Guys Wonder Why We Hate Them”
- Donald Trump Insists To ‘Fox & Friends’ That His Tape Bluff “Wasn’t Very Stupid”