EXCLUSIVE: Mary Steenburgen is set to star in the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. This marks the first casting on the project described as a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of southern organized crime and Nashville royalty “where music and love, hope and tragedy collide”. Steenburgen will play a powerful country music icon who is very protective of her daughter Annabel. Steenburgen is also expected to sing in the role, which has the vibe of Shirley MacLaine’s Aurora Greenway in Terms Of Endearment. Husband-and-wife duo of Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz wrote the script for Outlaw Country, with Sons of Anarchy exec producers Art Linson and John Linson executive producing for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Shooter Jennings, son of the late country star Waylon Jennings, is attached as executive consultant and music supervisor. Steenburgen, who recently starred in the ABC comedy pilot Southern Discomfort and reprised her role on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
Mary Steenburgen Set For 'Outlaw Country'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets “Can’t Get Any Worse”
- ‘SNL’ Pokes At Donald Trump’s CNN Tweets – And Gives Shout-Out To Real-Life High School Supporter
- Megyn Kelly Says ‘Don’t Believe’ Media Speculation About Job Switch
- Netflix Sets Premieres For ‘Sense8’ Christmas Special & Season 2
- Fox Wins Night With PAC-12 Championship Ratings, ‘I Love Lucy’ Holiday Special Down
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88