EXCLUSIVE: Mary Steenburgen is set to star in the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. This marks the first casting on the project described as a crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of southern organized crime and Nashville royalty “where music and love, hope and tragedy collide”. Steenburgen will play a powerful country music icon who is very protective of her daughter Annabel. Steenburgen is also expected to sing in the role, which has the vibe of Shirley MacLaine’s Aurora Greenway in Terms Of Endearment. Husband-and-wife duo of Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz wrote the script for Outlaw Country, with Sons of Anarchy exec producers Art Linson and John Linson executive producing for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Shooter Jennings, son of the late country star Waylon Jennings, is attached as executive consultant and music supervisor. Steenburgen, who recently starred in the ABC comedy pilot Southern Discomfort and reprised her role on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm, is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
Mary Steenburgen Set For 'Outlaw Country'
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive