Marvel Entertainment is launching a TV division, Marvel Television, and has appointed Heroes and Smallville writer-producer Jeph Loeb to run it. As EVP and head of television, Loeb will work alongside Dan Buckley, publisher & president of the print, animation & digital divisions of Marvel Worldwide to adapt Marvel characters and stories to television as both live-action and animation series. Additionally, Loeb will oversee the development and distribution of live-action, animated and direct-to-DVD series. Loeb was previously a Marvel-exclusive comic book writer and also did a stint on Lost. Marvel’s rival DC Comics has built a primetime presence through its deal at Warner Bros. TV that has spawned such series as Smallville and Human Target.
Marvel Entertainment Launches TV Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’