A fun pre-Father’s Day quiz. What do new series NBC’s The Event, Hawaii Five-O, ABC’s Happy Endings and Fox’s The Good Guys have in common? They all had a strong showing at the upfronts: The Event was unveiled as NBC’s flagship new series for next season, Hawaii is CBS’ marquee new drama offering for fall, Happy Endings was touted by some as one of if not the best comedy pilot this past cycle, while Fox’s summer dramedy The Good Guys got a surprising upgrade to the fall schedule with an additional episode order. But the four series also share another common thread: they all star the offspring of famous actors: Jason Ritter, son of the late John Ritter, is the lead in The Event, James Caan’s son Scott plays Danno in Hawaii, Tom Hanks’ son Colin stars in The Good Guys and Damon Wayans Jr. co-stars in Happy Endings. The dads all were the leading men of successful series, Three’s Company (John Ritter), Las Vegas (James Caan), Bosom Buddies (Tom Hanks) and My Wife And Kids (Damon Wayans). Let’s see how their sons will fare. And speaking of sons making their dads proud before Father’s Day, how about the $56 million Will Smith’s son Jaden kicked up at the box office this weekend? Beats a World’s Greatest Dad mug.
Like Father, Like Son: Is This The Next Generation Television Stars?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Repeats Tie ‘Voice’ For Top Spot On Tuesday
- Golden Globes: Limited Series Category, Ensemble Cast Designations Get Rules Tweaks
- ‘Kim Possible’: Sadie Stanley & Sean Giambrone To Star In Disney Channel Movie
- ‘Double Dare’ Game Show Revival Set On Nickelodeon
- ‘Dear White People’ Trailer: Racial Tensions Reach An All-Time Satirical High For Season 2
- Pop Sets New Shows ‘Clique’ And ‘Flack,’ Renews ‘Hollywood Darlings,’ ‘Swedish Dicks,’ ‘Schitt’s Creek,’ Embraces Linear TV…