A fun pre-Father’s Day quiz. What do new series NBC’s The Event, Hawaii Five-O, ABC’s Happy Endings and Fox’s The Good Guys have in common? They all had a strong showing at the upfronts: The Event was unveiled as NBC’s flagship new series for next season, Hawaii is CBS’ marquee new drama offering for fall, Happy Endings was touted by some as one of if not the best comedy pilot this past cycle, while Fox’s summer dramedy The Good Guys got a surprising upgrade to the fall schedule with an additional episode order. But the four series also share another common thread: they all star the offspring of famous actors: Jason Ritter, son of the late John Ritter, is the lead in The Event, James Caan’s son Scott plays Danno in Hawaii, Tom Hanks’ son Colin stars in The Good Guys and Damon Wayans Jr. co-stars in Happy Endings. The dads all were the leading men of successful series, Three’s Company (John Ritter), Las Vegas (James Caan), Bosom Buddies (Tom Hanks) and My Wife And Kids (Damon Wayans). Let’s see how their sons will fare. And speaking of sons making their dads proud before Father’s Day, how about the $56 million Will Smith’s son Jaden kicked up at the box office this weekend? Beats a World’s Greatest Dad mug.
Like Father, Like Son: Is This The Next Generation Television Stars?
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series