“He going to spread his wings,” one of my studio sources tells me now that Leonardo DiCaprio is set to play J Edgar Hoover in the still untitled biopic. Already getting early Oscar buzz for Chris Nolan’s Inception, Leo will be directed in the epic FBI drama by Clint Eastwood who’s producing with Brian Grazer and Rob Lorenz through Imagine and Malpaso. Scripted by Dustin Lance Black, production begins later this year. The project began at Universal, where Imagine is based, but came together at Warners, which Eastwood’s Malpaso has long called home. Imagine had been developing the Dustin Lance Black script for over a year before showing it to Universal, where the reaction was negative. But then Grazer got the screenplay to pal Clint (they did The Changeling and have had a personal relationship ever since), the two men met about it in mid-February, and the film has been on the fast track at Warner Bros. This will be DiCaprio’s first film with Eastwood. Great that DiCaprio is getting out of his Marty Scorsese rut.
Leonardo DiCaprio Set For J Edgar Hoover Role In Biopic For Eastwood And Grazer
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest TV News
- NBC Orders Thriller Drama Pilot ‘Reverie’ From ‘Extant’ Creator & Amblin TV
- Pilot Season 2017: How Many Pilots Is Each Network Ordering?
- Bill Maher Bags Record ‘Real Time’ Kickoff Numbers On Donald Trump Inauguration Day
- Liberty Media’s Formula 1 Acquisition Gets Checkered Flag
- Mary Jo Buttafuoco Will Tell Her Story In Unscripted Documentary Via Tent City And FremantleMedia
- Jill Soloway Says ‘I Love Dick’ Is Rare “Psycho-Sexual Comedy” – Sundance Studio