With the nominations for the Primetime Emmy Awards only two weeks away, the TV Academy today announced the 62nd Los Angeles area Emmy nominations. KNBC and KTLA top the list with 15 and 14 noms, respectively. The Academy was most generous in the evening newscast category, nominating virtually every local station that has nightly newscast: KCBS, KNBC, KTTV, KCOP, KTLA, KWHY and KMEX. In four categories there was a single nominee that automatically wins, including live coverage of an unscheduled news event won by KTLA’s coverage of the death of Michael Jackson exactly a year ago. The rest of the winners will be revealed at a ceremony on July 31 at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood.
KNBC Tops LA Area Emmy Nominations
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Move! Binge-Watching May Be Hazardous To Your Health: Report
- ‘A Million Little Things’: Anne Son To Co-Star In ABC Drama Pilot
- Timothy Hutton To Star In ‘Main Justice’; David Semel To Direct, Sunil Nayar Set As Showrunner Of CBS Pilot
- MSNBC Alum Dylan Ratigan Running For Congress
- CBS Launches ‘Eye Speak’ Female Empowerment & Leadership Program
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Graves Disease; Show To Go On 3-Week Hiatus