With the nominations for the Primetime Emmy Awards only two weeks away, the TV Academy today announced the 62nd Los Angeles area Emmy nominations. KNBC and KTLA top the list with 15 and 14 noms, respectively. The Academy was most generous in the evening newscast category, nominating virtually every local station that has nightly newscast: KCBS, KNBC, KTTV, KCOP, KTLA, KWHY and KMEX. In four categories there was a single nominee that automatically wins, including live coverage of an unscheduled news event won by KTLA’s coverage of the death of Michael Jackson exactly a year ago. The rest of the winners will be revealed at a ceremony on July 31 at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood.
KNBC Tops LA Area Emmy Nominations
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Holiday B.O. Explosion: 'Five Armies' Storms Into Theaters, Seizes $90M+ Over Five Days - Sunday B.O. Update
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate