With the nominations for the Primetime Emmy Awards only two weeks away, the TV Academy today announced the 62nd Los Angeles area Emmy nominations. KNBC and KTLA top the list with 15 and 14 noms, respectively. The Academy was most generous in the evening newscast category, nominating virtually every local station that has nightly newscast: KCBS, KNBC, KTTV, KCOP, KTLA, KWHY and KMEX. In four categories there was a single nominee that automatically wins, including live coverage of an unscheduled news event won by KTLA’s coverage of the death of Michael Jackson exactly a year ago. The rest of the winners will be revealed at a ceremony on July 31 at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood.
KNBC Tops LA Area Emmy Nominations
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others