With the nominations for the Primetime Emmy Awards only two weeks away, the TV Academy today announced the 62nd Los Angeles area Emmy nominations. KNBC and KTLA top the list with 15 and 14 noms, respectively. The Academy was most generous in the evening newscast category, nominating virtually every local station that has nightly newscast: KCBS, KNBC, KTTV, KCOP, KTLA, KWHY and KMEX. In four categories there was a single nominee that automatically wins, including live coverage of an unscheduled news event won by KTLA’s coverage of the death of Michael Jackson exactly a year ago. The rest of the winners will be revealed at a ceremony on July 31 at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood.
KNBC Tops LA Area Emmy Nominations
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres