Casey Affleck, who opens tomorrow playing the lead role of a psycho in The Killer Inside Me, is close to finding a buyer for the mockumentary he directed on the peculiar hip hop career of his brother in law, Joaquin Phoenix. Magnolia Pictures is in talks. The documentary had a polarizing impact on the movie buyers that watched it during a lunchtime screening at WME last month. Phoenix–or the bearded and distant character he was playing–engaged in sordid deeds that included snorting what looked like coke off the breast of a prostitute. Deal’s not done yet but it seems to be headed in that direction.
Casey Affleck's Odd Joaquin Phoenix Documentary Heading To Magnolia
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction