Casey Affleck, who opens tomorrow playing the lead role of a psycho in The Killer Inside Me, is close to finding a buyer for the mockumentary he directed on the peculiar hip hop career of his brother in law, Joaquin Phoenix. Magnolia Pictures is in talks. The documentary had a polarizing impact on the movie buyers that watched it during a lunchtime screening at WME last month. Phoenix–or the bearded and distant character he was playing–engaged in sordid deeds that included snorting what looked like coke off the breast of a prostitute. Deal’s not done yet but it seems to be headed in that direction.
Casey Affleck's Odd Joaquin Phoenix Documentary Heading To Magnolia
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles