Casey Affleck, who opens tomorrow playing the lead role of a psycho in The Killer Inside Me, is close to finding a buyer for the mockumentary he directed on the peculiar hip hop career of his brother in law, Joaquin Phoenix. Magnolia Pictures is in talks. The documentary had a polarizing impact on the movie buyers that watched it during a lunchtime screening at WME last month. Phoenix–or the bearded and distant character he was playing–engaged in sordid deeds that included snorting what looked like coke off the breast of a prostitute. Deal’s not done yet but it seems to be headed in that direction.
Casey Affleck's Odd Joaquin Phoenix Documentary Heading To Magnolia
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central SVP Original Programming Gary Mann To Depart
- Keith Cox Officially Named President, Development & Production, For Paramount Network & TV Land
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Renewed For Season 52 By NBC
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Georgia King To Topline ‘Raised By Wolves’ ABC Comedy Pilot From Diablo Cody & Berlanti Prods.
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Has “Healthy Respect For Press” And “Deep Respect For 1st Amendment”