Janeane Garofalo is in negotiations to join CBS’ Criminal Minds spinoff, while Andre Holland is set to co-star on the new NBC comedy series Friends with Benefits. Garofalo will play a new regular on the ABC Studios/CBS Studios-produced Criminal Minds spinoff, which was picked up for midseason. Also adding a new female regular following the axing of A.J. Cook is the original Criminal Minds series. Garofalo, who would co-star opposite Forest Whitaker, is coming off another drama series turn on Fox’s 24. Holland too will play a regular on the 20th TV/Imagine-produced ensemble comedy Friends with Benefits, which is recasting two of the male leads in the pilot. Holland’s character is described as an oversexed personal trainer and king of the douchbags. The actor, who did another pilot for NBC this past season, Rockford Files, is repped by Paradigm.
Janeane Garofalo In Talks For 'Minds' Spinoff & Andre Holland Set For 'Friends'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks