As Deadline/London predicted, ITV has not directly replaced Rupert Howell as commercial managing director. Instead, it has appointed Fru Hazlitt as managing director of online and commercial. ITV says its decision to create a new job, uniting airtime sales and online businesses, stems from its ongoing strategic review. Possibly it also thought it could save money by hiring one person to replace two. Hazlitt was most recently CEO of radio company GCap Media until it was sold two years ago. Before that, she worked for Yahoo as managing director of its UK business and, before that, European commercial director. ITV’s current online MD Ben McOwen-Wilson will leave the broadcaster this summer along with Howell. What’s interesting is the top three jobs at ITV are now held by industry outsiders: Chairman Archie Norman, CEO Adam Crozier and now Hazlitt all come from outside the TV business.
ITV Merges Commercial/Online Job
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts