There will be no new adventures for Old Christine on ABC or anywhere else. After several attempts to make a deal for the cancelled CBS comedy series starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus at ABC, producer Warner Bros. TV has pulled the plug. The show’s fifth season finale, which aired on CBS last month, was indeed the series finale. Starting in the fall, fans of The New Adventures of Old Christine will be able to catch old episodes on Lifetime and on broadcast stations, which will launch the series in syndication. As for ABC, the network had showed strong interest in picking up Old Christine for the past three years. But when the show finally became available this year, a deal proved impossible to make as ABC was said to be unwilling to pay the high license fee needed to keep the veteran comedy series going. ABC also passed on picking up the cancelled CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, while TNT declined to extend the life of NBC’s Law & Order.
It's The End For 'Christine': No Deal At ABC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'