There will be no new adventures for Old Christine on ABC or anywhere else. After several attempts to make a deal for the cancelled CBS comedy series starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus at ABC, producer Warner Bros. TV has pulled the plug. The show’s fifth season finale, which aired on CBS last month, was indeed the series finale. Starting in the fall, fans of The New Adventures of Old Christine will be able to catch old episodes on Lifetime and on broadcast stations, which will launch the series in syndication. As for ABC, the network had showed strong interest in picking up Old Christine for the past three years. But when the show finally became available this year, a deal proved impossible to make as ABC was said to be unwilling to pay the high license fee needed to keep the veteran comedy series going. ABC also passed on picking up the cancelled CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, while TNT declined to extend the life of NBC’s Law & Order.
It's The End For 'Christine': No Deal At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings