EXCLUSIVE: Summer 2010’s films are all ending up at FX — or maybe it just seems that way. The basic cable network has acquired the TV rights to Sony’s Adam Sandler comedy Grown Ups, the highest-grossing new release last weekend with $40.5 million. Additionally, FX has acquired 20th Century Fox’s Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz action comedy Knight And Day, which finished a distant third to returning champ Toy Story 3 and Grown Ups with $20.1 million. In fact, except for Toy Story, FX has all the other films in this weekend’s Top 5, including Sony’s Karate Kid and Fox’s The A-Team. Grown Ups and Knight and Day will be available on FX in late 2012-early 2013. I hear their license fee is a standard 12% of the domestic boxoffice, currently at $45.8 million for Grown Ups and $29.6 for Knight and Day through Monday. Grown Ups will join other Adam Sandler comedies that have done solid business on FX, including The Wedding Singer, The Waterboy, Click, as well as You Don’t Mess with the Zohan, which is yet to premiere on the network. In addition to Karate Kid, other top 2010 box-office performers on FX’s roster include Iron Man 2, Shrek Forever After, and How To Train Your Dragon as well as the upcoming The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which is looking at a 6-day monster $150M Fourth of July opening weekend.
FX Buys 'Grown Ups' & 'Knight and Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’, ‘Bull’ & ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Lead Tuesday…
- Amazon’s ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Repaints History With ‘Mad Men’ Brush – Trailer
- Jane Pauley Named Anchor Of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’; Will Succeed Charles Osgood
- Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban’s Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- Courtney Cox & Lisa Kudrow Are There For Each Other For ‘Friends’ Quiz