After months of bitching and spinning from both sides, the UK government has abandoned plans to merge the two bodies. Poor British Film Institute. Earlier this week, the government cancelled its cherished National Film Centre. The institute has absorbed 50% of the cuts announced by the culture department in its austerity package. I suspect the UKFC had second thoughts when it realised that the BFI’s charitable Royal Charter status would have meant the tail wagging the dog in any merged body.
Government Drops UK Film Council Merger
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins