CBS has firmed up its plans for the new leadership of CBS’ West Coast marketing team following the sudden death long-time EVP and creative director Ron Scalera. His No.2, Garen van de Beek, will now hold that title. Meanwhile, another CBS veteran, Lori Shefa, will succeed van de Beek as SVP of on-air promotion, overseeing CBS’s on-air creative department. Van de Beek will now be in charge of CBS’ on-air promotion, print, cable, online, digital, outdoor and radio, reporting to George Schweitzer, president, CBS Marketing Group. “Ron Scalera’s legacy is large and will not be forgotten,” said Schweitzer. “He built a first class team, and Garen and Lori have long been an important part of that team.” Van de Beek joined the CBS Marketing department in 1999 as executive director, on-air advertising and promotion. Shefa first joined CBS in 1997 as director of affiliate on-air promotion.
Garen Van De Beek To Succeed Ron Scalera As Creative Director For CBS Marketing
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest TV News
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140m Deal With Pacifica Ventures
- ‘The Terror’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season For Premiere Customers
- Rex Tillerson’s “Very Mean-Spirited Town” Exit Speech Goes Over Big In D.C.
- Weinstein Co. TV Exec Megan Spanjian Moves To UTA
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- CNN’s Jeff Zucker Says Fox News Is State-Run Propaganda: “TASS Has Nothing On Them”