The Broadway revival of August Wilson’s Fences with Denzel Washington and Viola Davis just notched its second million dollar week at the Cort Theatre. The gross last week was $1,002,750. That’s just under the $1,008,103.50 that Fences posted for the week of May 9, but it is a big number for a small theatre at a time when Tony Award voters are seeing it gratis. No previous show at the Cort had a $1 million week. Fences, which won the Outer Critics Circle for Best Revival and shared the Drama Desk prize, is up for 10 Tony Awards and has five weeks left to top its own record before ending its limited run July 11. Then, discussions to turn it into a film will begin in earnest.
'Fences' Busts Past $1 Million Mark Again
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: Hello, Doll! – ‘A Doll’s House, Part 2’ Shuts The Door On 2016-2017 Season
- James Earl Jones Will Be Honored With Lifetime Achievement Tony Award
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ And ‘The Hairy Ape’ Lead Drama Desk Musical, Drama Nominations
- Broadway Review: 1940s-Style ‘Bandstand’ Has A Blindspot
- Kevin Spacey Will Appear In (Tennis) Court As Clarence Darrow
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Toward $1B Global As Rest Of Stateside Biz Idles Ahead Of ‘Guardians 2’ – Box Office…