Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
'Mission: Impossible - Fallout': Tom Cruise Jumped Out Of Plane 106 Times For Skydive Stunt - CinemaCon
Annapurna, Plan B Plot 'Spotlight'-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
Latest TV News
- Paradigm Hires Liz Morentin As EVP Communications
- ‘Succession’: Premiere Date Set For HBO’s Media-Family Drama
- ‘Billions’ Renewed For Fourth Season By Showtime
- ‘Yellowstone’ Trailer: Kevin Costner’s Back Home On The Range In Paramount Network’s Neo-Western Drama
- ‘SNL’s Colin Jost & Michael Che To Host 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards, Lorne Michaels To Executive Produce
- ‘Code Black’ Stumbles In Season 3 Starter; ‘Survivor,’ ‘Empire’ Share Wednesday Win Despite…