Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest TV News
- Allison Williams Joins ‘A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ Netflix Series In Mystery Role
- ‘Roseanne’ Teaser: First Look At Johnny Galecki’s Return
- SVP Stripes For Jayne Bieber At Freeform & Joe Hadari At TruTV
- Talent Agents’ Anti-Sexual Harassment Training Session Underway
- ‘Main Justice’: Aubrey Dollar To Co-Star In CBS Legal Drama Pilot
- ‘Nightflyers’: First Look At Syfy’s Haunted Alien-Expedition Drama From George R.R. Martin