Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Donald Trump Blames TV For Lack Of Video Showing NJ Muslims Celebrating World Trade Center Collapse
- Billy Campbell & Karine Vanasse Cast As Leads In CTV Drama ‘Cardinal’
- ‘Transparent’ Season 2 First Episode Available On Amazon Prime
- ‘Supergirl’ Gets Order For 7 More Episodes From CBS