Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Primetime Emmys Tap Glenn Weiss & Ricky Kirshner To Exec Produce Awards
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue
- Viacom & Altice USA Announce Advertising And Content Distribution Pact
- Sophia Bush Departing ‘Chicago P.D.’ After Four Seasons
- Deadline's TV Talk Podcast Episode #6: Big Screen To Small Screen Emmy Contenders, Roger Moore + Best Limited Series Hopefuls
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Trailer Snags 61 Million Views In First 24 Hours, HBO Says