Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin On China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts -- Confirmation Hearing Updated Final
Latest TV News
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- ‘Sneaky Pete’: Bryan Cranston Drama Series Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- ‘Claws’: Dean Norris Joins New TNT Dramedy Series In Recasting
- Michael Offer To Direct Marc Cherry ABC Pilot Starring Reba McEntire
- Susannah Grant To Receive WGA West’s Paul Selvin Award For ‘Confirmation’ Script
- Monty Silver Dies: Longtime Talent Agent Was 83