Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- PBS Unveils ‘Poldark’, ‘Vicious’, ‘The Bomb’ Summer Scheduling Plans
- Abu Dhabi Earmarks $100 Million To Local Film + TV Production, Shutters Film Festival: Cannes
- PBS To Track Whales, Marine Life In Its First Live Natural-History Show
- ‘The Mindy Project’ Eyes 2-Season Pickup At Hulu
- ‘Survivor’ Cast Picked By Viewers For Next Season
- Matt Berry To Replace Tim Doyle As ‘Last Man Standing’ Showrunner