Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- ‘The Strain’ Renewed For Fourth & Final Season By FX
- CNN Wins Cable News Debate Demo Derby, Fox News Channel Takes Total Viewers
- ‘Das Boot’: Sonar Acquires Rights To Event Series; Boards As Co-Producer
- Fox Networks Group Names David Levy EVP Of Non-Linear Revenue
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Says Company’s Creative Involvement Is ‘Always Invited’
- ‘Still Star-Crossed’: Claire Cooper Set For Key Role On ABC Drama Series