Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In 'Thank You For Your Service;' PTSD Drama By 'American Sniper' Scribe Jason Hall
Latest TV News
- Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes
- Bernie Sanders Eats Ice Cream, Shoots Hoops On ‘The View’ After Winning New Hampshire
- ‘Agent Carter’ Star Hayley Atwell To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘Conviction’
- Art & John Linson Developing 'Lawrence In Arabia' Middle East Drama For HBO
- Time Warner Says HBO Now Has 800K Subs As It Prepares Marketing Push
- ‘Flash’ Ratings Pick Up The Pace, ‘New Girl’ Even With Megan Fox, ‘Grinder’ Rises