Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama’s Charlottesville Tweet Is Most-Liked Ever; Quotes Nelson Mandela
- Elvis Presley Died 40 Years Ago, But Business Booms For “Deceased Icons”
- Christopher & Heather McQuarrie Ink TV Deal With Gaumont; Set Drama Series Based On ’36 Quai des Orfèvres’ Feature
- Tribeca TV Festival: Amy Sedaris, ‘Will & Grace’, ‘Ten Days In The Valley’ Topline Fest Debut
- Michael Gasparro Leaves TMT To Launch His Own Management Company
- Hope Hicks Tapped As Interim White House Communications Director: Report