Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest TV News
- CNN Wins Alabama Election Night In News Demo, FNC Takes Total Viewers
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy Metz Sets Stage Debut In Geffen Revival Of Neil LaBute’s ‘Fat Pig’
- ‘Arrow’: Colton Haynes Confirmed To Return To CW/DC Series
- WME Bolsters Comedy Touring, Nabs Seven APAers After Mike Berkowitz Jump
- Netflix Named PETA’s 2017 Company Of Year
- Omarosa Exits Donald Trump Orbit Under Secret Service Escort: Report