They’re baaaack: the ducks on the Fox lot! After winning over the hearts of News Corp employees last spring, Mama Duck, named Harriet, made a return with a new flock of cute ducklings this year. When I was entering the Fox lot today, the security guard at the gate greeted me with a warning: “Drive carefully, we have ducks!” Indeed, Mom was perched on the pen built for the fowl last year, watching over her 7 napping offspring by the fountain in front of the Fox network building. After calling Animal Control last year and being told that the ducks can’t be moved by law, Fox employees took over the bird care. The loss of three ducklings to crows and owls even prompted workers to implement a volunteer guard system of two-hour shifts on weekends when security guards were not around. The weekend shifts now continue, and only one duckling has been lost so far. The ducks have been and still are the biggest celebrities on the lot, with people stopping by to take pictures. They certainly got a lot more attention than Leonardo DiCaprio who was having a quiet lunch at the Fox commissary.
Ducks Back In Fox Den: Birds Make Studio Lot Their Permanent Summer Home
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’
- Video – Larry David’s Shticky Business Sorta Sparks ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Bernie Sanders, Larry David Trade Bernie Sanders-isms on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- CNN: Ted Cruz Debate Accusations “Categorically False”