EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel is starting production on High School Musical spinoff Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which stars Ashley Tisdale reprising her role as drama queen Sharpay Evans from the HSM franchise. Tooth Fairy helmer Michael Lembeck has come on board to direct the film, which follows Sharpay to New York where she is pursuing a Broadway career but it’s her dog who lands an acting gig first. Joining Tisdale are Austin Butler (Life Unexpected) as the confident film student Peyton Leverett and Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) as a precocious young dog owner and Sharpay’s nemesis. Rounding out the cast is Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) as a Broadway star with Sharpay on her radar, Alec Mapa (Ugly Betty) as a Broadway show director, and Jack Plotnick (The Mentalist) as an enthusiastic writer. Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which will premiere on Disney Channel next year, will feature four original songs by songwriters Randy Petersen and Kevin Quinn, Matthew Tishler and Amy Powers, David Lawrence and Faye Greenberg.
Disney Channel Taps Director, Cast For HSM Offshoot 'Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'