EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel is starting production on High School Musical spinoff Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which stars Ashley Tisdale reprising her role as drama queen Sharpay Evans from the HSM franchise. Tooth Fairy helmer Michael Lembeck has come on board to direct the film, which follows Sharpay to New York where she is pursuing a Broadway career but it’s her dog who lands an acting gig first. Joining Tisdale are Austin Butler (Life Unexpected) as the confident film student Peyton Leverett and Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) as a precocious young dog owner and Sharpay’s nemesis. Rounding out the cast is Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) as a Broadway star with Sharpay on her radar, Alec Mapa (Ugly Betty) as a Broadway show director, and Jack Plotnick (The Mentalist) as an enthusiastic writer. Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which will premiere on Disney Channel next year, will feature four original songs by songwriters Randy Petersen and Kevin Quinn, Matthew Tishler and Amy Powers, David Lawrence and Faye Greenberg.
Disney Channel Taps Director, Cast For HSM Offshoot 'Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President