EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel is starting production on High School Musical spinoff Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which stars Ashley Tisdale reprising her role as drama queen Sharpay Evans from the HSM franchise. Tooth Fairy helmer Michael Lembeck has come on board to direct the film, which follows Sharpay to New York where she is pursuing a Broadway career but it’s her dog who lands an acting gig first. Joining Tisdale are Austin Butler (Life Unexpected) as the confident film student Peyton Leverett and Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) as a precocious young dog owner and Sharpay’s nemesis. Rounding out the cast is Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) as a Broadway star with Sharpay on her radar, Alec Mapa (Ugly Betty) as a Broadway show director, and Jack Plotnick (The Mentalist) as an enthusiastic writer. Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which will premiere on Disney Channel next year, will feature four original songs by songwriters Randy Petersen and Kevin Quinn, Matthew Tishler and Amy Powers, David Lawrence and Faye Greenberg.
Disney Channel Taps Director, Cast For HSM Offshoot 'Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York – Trailer
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'