EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel is starting production on High School Musical spinoff Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which stars Ashley Tisdale reprising her role as drama queen Sharpay Evans from the HSM franchise. Tooth Fairy helmer Michael Lembeck has come on board to direct the film, which follows Sharpay to New York where she is pursuing a Broadway career but it’s her dog who lands an acting gig first. Joining Tisdale are Austin Butler (Life Unexpected) as the confident film student Peyton Leverett and Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) as a precocious young dog owner and Sharpay’s nemesis. Rounding out the cast is Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) as a Broadway star with Sharpay on her radar, Alec Mapa (Ugly Betty) as a Broadway show director, and Jack Plotnick (The Mentalist) as an enthusiastic writer. Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which will premiere on Disney Channel next year, will feature four original songs by songwriters Randy Petersen and Kevin Quinn, Matthew Tishler and Amy Powers, David Lawrence and Faye Greenberg.
Disney Channel Taps Director, Cast For HSM Offshoot 'Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate