EXCLUSIVE: Disney Channel is starting production on High School Musical spinoff Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which stars Ashley Tisdale reprising her role as drama queen Sharpay Evans from the HSM franchise. Tooth Fairy helmer Michael Lembeck has come on board to direct the film, which follows Sharpay to New York where she is pursuing a Broadway career but it’s her dog who lands an acting gig first. Joining Tisdale are Austin Butler (Life Unexpected) as the confident film student Peyton Leverett and Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) as a precocious young dog owner and Sharpay’s nemesis. Rounding out the cast is Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) as a Broadway star with Sharpay on her radar, Alec Mapa (Ugly Betty) as a Broadway show director, and Jack Plotnick (The Mentalist) as an enthusiastic writer. Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which will premiere on Disney Channel next year, will feature four original songs by songwriters Randy Petersen and Kevin Quinn, Matthew Tishler and Amy Powers, David Lawrence and Faye Greenberg.
Disney Channel Taps Director, Cast For HSM Offshoot 'Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest TV News
- Vice’s Shane Smith Warns Media Companies Must Change Or Risk Alienating An Entire Generation – Edinburgh
- Leslie Jones Attacked Online Again As Website Hacked, Info Exposed
- ‘Dexter’ Drops New Trailer Marking Showtime Series’ 10th Anniversary
- Pete Hammond’s Emmy Handicaps 2016: Outstanding Drama Series
- Emmys: Acting Nominees Court Votes At Annual Performers Reception
- TV News Targets Twitter In Early Reports On Attack At American University Of Afghanistan