EXCLUSIVE: Laura Linney’s Cathy is getting Miranda as a friend. Cynthia Nixon, who played Miranda on the hit HBO comedy series Sex and the City and in the 2 features the show spawned, is joining the cast of Linney’s upcoming Showtime dark comedy series The Big C as a recurring. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Nixon will play her friend. Other recurring guest stars on Big C’s upcoming first season are Gabourey Sidibe and Idris Elba.
Cynthia Nixon Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’
- Tanya Hart & Robert Papazian Elected Co-Chairs Of The Caucus
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz “Lucifer” And “Miserable Son Of A Bitch”; TV News Feasts
- Sara Ramirez’s Cryptic Tweet Fuels Speculation Over Her ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Future
- Peter Bart: Tech Titans Aim To Disrupt Ad Biz Right Before Our Eyes