EXCLUSIVE: Laura Linney’s Cathy is getting Miranda as a friend. Cynthia Nixon, who played Miranda on the hit HBO comedy series Sex and the City and in the 2 features the show spawned, is joining the cast of Linney’s upcoming Showtime dark comedy series The Big C as a recurring. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Nixon will play her friend. Other recurring guest stars on Big C’s upcoming first season are Gabourey Sidibe and Idris Elba.
Cynthia Nixon Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Eyes Options As Potential Suitors Kick Tires
- The CW Hires Julie Jarmon As VP Scripted Development, Promotes Two
- Jada Pinkett Smith, Daughter Willow & Mom Adrienne Set Facebook Talk Show: Sundance
- ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Trailer: Starz Sneak Peek At Buzzy Mayhem & Blood Relations
- Fox’s Ryan Murphy Drama ‘9-1-1’ Leaps Over Lead-in ‘X-Files’ To Take Top Spot In Demo
- Abominable Pictures Producer Jonathan Stern Inks With UTA As ‘A Futile And Stupid Gesture’ Hits Sundance