EXCLUSIVE: Laura Linney’s Cathy is getting Miranda as a friend. Cynthia Nixon, who played Miranda on the hit HBO comedy series Sex and the City and in the 2 features the show spawned, is joining the cast of Linney’s upcoming Showtime dark comedy series The Big C as a recurring. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Nixon will play her friend. Other recurring guest stars on Big C’s upcoming first season are Gabourey Sidibe and Idris Elba.
Cynthia Nixon Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest TV News
- Omarosa Exits Donald Trump Orbit Under Secret Service Escort: Report
- ABC Comedies Clock Christmas-Themed Climb; NBC’s ‘The Voice’ Dominates Demo
- ‘Imposters’: Abby Miller & Bruce Davison Set For Season 2 Of Bravo Series
- Paramount Network Developing Latino Sketch Comedy ‘Browntown’ From Mitú
- SAG Awards TV: ‘GLOW’ Leads Newcomers; ‘Curb’, ‘Will & Grace’ Return; Old Favorites MIA Amid…
- Heroes And Villains Adds Chris Coggins, Gary Ventimiglia To Manager Roster