After The Karate Kid‘s opening weekend gross of $56 million blew past its $40 million budget, a sequel to the Jaden Smith-Jackie Chan-starrer seemed inevitable. Sure enough, agency sources tell me that Sony’s Columbia Pictures execs are meeting with writers to pitch their ideas on where to take the second installment. This will mean shortly that Will Smith won’t be the only man in the Smith household making sequels.
Sony Pics High-Kicking 'Karate Kid' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Easily Fandango’s Top Advance Ticket Seller Of 2017
- Broadway B.O.: Mark Rylance & SpongeBob SquarePants Join The Starry Field & The Boss Is Back
- MoviePass Reports B.O. Impact On ‘Justice League’, ‘Coco’, ‘Three Billboards’ & More
- ‘Coco’ Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; ‘Justice League’ Tops $600M WW – International…
- 'I, Tonya' Blades To Robust Bow; 'The Shape Of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand Solidly – Specialty…
- December Still Asleep Before ‘Last Jedi’ Awakens: ‘Coco’ $18M+, ‘Disaster Artist’ $6M+, ‘Wonder…