After The Karate Kid‘s opening weekend gross of $56 million blew past its $40 million budget, a sequel to the Jaden Smith-Jackie Chan-starrer seemed inevitable. Sure enough, agency sources tell me that Sony’s Columbia Pictures execs are meeting with writers to pitch their ideas on where to take the second installment. This will mean shortly that Will Smith won’t be the only man in the Smith household making sequels.
Sony Pics High-Kicking 'Karate Kid' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer Seizes 100M Views Online
- Scaling ‘The Great Wall’: Has Legendary Built A New China-Hollywood Model?
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Hopes To Bring Cheer To Another Dull Weekend; ‘La La Land’ Tunes Up – Box…
- ‘Prince Of Broadway’ Retrospective Sets August Opening
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Tickets Go On Sale Two Months Before Release; New Trailer Drops
- Warner Bros. Makes 2017 Date Changes To ‘King Arthur’, ‘CHiPS’, ‘Annabelle 2’ & More