Mad Love, the Sony-produced ensemble comedy pilot, has been a frontrunner for a midseason order at CBS. Now I hear that the network has offered the studio a full 13-episode midseason pickup for the project and things look good for a deal to close. One main holdup for an order before the CBS upfront presentation in May was the situation with Lizzy Caplan, who guest starred in the pilot but wouldn’t commit to a series. That character is now being recast, and I hear Judy Greer’s name as someone the network and the studio like. Additionally, there are rumblings about other potential recastings. Meanwhile, talks between CBS and 20th TV over a midseason order for drama pilot Chaos continue. The issue there has been the size of the order, something that is not an factor in the case of Mad Love. Written by Matt Tarses and executive produced by Tarses and his sister, producer Jamie Tarses, Mad Love revolves around four friends in New York, two falling in love, the other two not so much. CBS Studios is co-producing with Sony.
CBS' 'Mad Love' Close To Midseason Order
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'