Mad Love, the Sony-produced ensemble comedy pilot, has been a frontrunner for a midseason order at CBS. Now I hear that the network has offered the studio a full 13-episode midseason pickup for the project and things look good for a deal to close. One main holdup for an order before the CBS upfront presentation in May was the situation with Lizzy Caplan, who guest starred in the pilot but wouldn’t commit to a series. That character is now being recast, and I hear Judy Greer’s name as someone the network and the studio like. Additionally, there are rumblings about other potential recastings. Meanwhile, talks between CBS and 20th TV over a midseason order for drama pilot Chaos continue. The issue there has been the size of the order, something that is not an factor in the case of Mad Love. Written by Matt Tarses and executive produced by Tarses and his sister, producer Jamie Tarses, Mad Love revolves around four friends in New York, two falling in love, the other two not so much. CBS Studios is co-producing with Sony.
CBS' 'Mad Love' Close To Midseason Order
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury