Mad Love, the Sony-produced ensemble comedy pilot, has been a frontrunner for a midseason order at CBS. Now I hear that the network has offered the studio a full 13-episode midseason pickup for the project and things look good for a deal to close. One main holdup for an order before the CBS upfront presentation in May was the situation with Lizzy Caplan, who guest starred in the pilot but wouldn’t commit to a series. That character is now being recast, and I hear Judy Greer’s name as someone the network and the studio like. Additionally, there are rumblings about other potential recastings. Meanwhile, talks between CBS and 20th TV over a midseason order for drama pilot Chaos continue. The issue there has been the size of the order, something that is not an factor in the case of Mad Love. Written by Matt Tarses and executive produced by Tarses and his sister, producer Jamie Tarses, Mad Love revolves around four friends in New York, two falling in love, the other two not so much. CBS Studios is co-producing with Sony.
CBS' 'Mad Love' Close To Midseason Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others