Lot of pieces were falling into place on movies yesterday. Here are some of the highlights: Miley Cyrus got a leading man for her Mandate film LOL in Douglas Booth. The British actor who makes his American feature debut after starring in the Julian Fellowes-directed From Time To Time, and playing Boy George in the BBC Two biopic Worried About The Boy. LOL is the Lisa Azuelos-directed remake of the 2009 French film Laughing Out Loud, which starred Sophie Marceau and Christa Theret… Lionsgate has lined up a cast around Taylor Lautner for Abduction, which starts shooting July 12 in Pittsburgh. Lautner plays a youth who discovers the parents that raised him aren’t his real folks, a revelation that leaves him running for his life. Sigourney Weaver will play his therapist, Maria Bello plays his mother, Jason Isaacs plays his father, Denzel Whitaker plays his best friend, and Michael Nyqvist plays the villain. They join Lily Collins, who plays his girlfriend, and Alfred Molilna, a CIA agent vested in bringing the kid in alive…Lasse Hallstrom and Patrick Dempsey are teaming up on Tom’s Dad, a coming of age story in which Dempsey plays a vaudevillian nightclub performer at a crossroads because the changing styles of comedy are making him obsolete. Point Black and Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil are producing…Crank team of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor are in early talks to direct the new installment of Marvel’s Ghost Rider that is percolating at Columbia Pictures.
Casts Firm Up For Following Pics: 'LOL,' 'Abduction,' 'Tom's Dad' And 'Ghost Rider'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest TV News
- CBS Entertainment President Glenn Geller To Take Medical Leave Through Upfronts
- Lindsey Kraft To Co-Star In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Living Biblically’
- Amazon Tuning Grateful Dead TV Series; ‘Straight Outta Compton’s Jonathan Herman To Write
- Ivanka Trump Joins ‘Celebrity White House’ As Unpaid Employee
- ‘Imaginary Mary’ Review: Jenna Elfman Sitcom From ‘Goldbergs’ Trio A Bad Dream
- SAG P&H Plans’ “Unreasonable” Fees And Expenses Appear To Have Violated Federal Law, DOJ Probe Finds