Lot of pieces were falling into place on movies yesterday. Here are some of the highlights: Miley Cyrus got a leading man for her Mandate film LOL in Douglas Booth. The British actor who makes his American feature debut after starring in the Julian Fellowes-directed From Time To Time, and playing Boy George in the BBC Two biopic Worried About The Boy. LOL is the Lisa Azuelos-directed remake of the 2009 French film Laughing Out Loud, which starred Sophie Marceau and Christa Theret… Lionsgate has lined up a cast around Taylor Lautner for Abduction, which starts shooting July 12 in Pittsburgh. Lautner plays a youth who discovers the parents that raised him aren’t his real folks, a revelation that leaves him running for his life. Sigourney Weaver will play his therapist, Maria Bello plays his mother, Jason Isaacs plays his father, Denzel Whitaker plays his best friend, and Michael Nyqvist plays the villain. They join Lily Collins, who plays his girlfriend, and Alfred Molilna, a CIA agent vested in bringing the kid in alive…Lasse Hallstrom and Patrick Dempsey are teaming up on Tom’s Dad, a coming of age story in which Dempsey plays a vaudevillian nightclub performer at a crossroads because the changing styles of comedy are making him obsolete. Point Black and Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil are producing…Crank team of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor are in early talks to direct the new installment of Marvel’s Ghost Rider that is percolating at Columbia Pictures.
Casts Firm Up For Following Pics: 'LOL,' 'Abduction,' 'Tom's Dad' And 'Ghost Rider'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Blasts Media For Normalizing Nazis With “Alt-Right” Label
- ‘Botched’ Renewed For Fourth Season By E!
- Stephen Colbert Torches Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser Pick, Pizzagate, Wikileaks
- Amazon’s ‘The Collection’ Scores China Deal; HBO Asia Dives Into First Original Comedy; Endemol Shine Israel CEO Exits…
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Ratings Tumble From ‘The Wiz’ For NBC; Equals 2014’s ‘Peter Pan’
- CBS Announces 2016-17 Directors-Writers Initiative Participants